Northern Territory Skilled Nomination

mahfuzul80

Hello everybody,

While I reviewing Skilled Nomination category in Northern Territory, it says that -

[h=1]The NT Government will consider your application if:

[/h]you have a skilled occupation that is on the DIBP Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) but not on the NT's SMP where you are able to provide independent evidence of positive employment prospects in the NT either in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

What does it mean actually? Does it mean that I should have employment offer from NT employer.

Thanks for helping me out!

Hi

It means if you have an occupation that is not on the NT state list but IS on the CSOL the NT government will sponsor you so long as you can show good employment prospects in your nominated occupation in the NT. It basically means if you can get a job offer they will sponsor you (saves going down the 457 route)

My occupation is on the CSOL but not on NT state list but I secured state sponsorship with NT (I had a job offer)

No this is not for 457 you can apply to NT for 190 / 489 state sponsorship if you have a occupation on the CSOL. They want to know you will be able to secure employment. The best way for them to offer you sponsorship is if you have a job offer. You could try emailing employers in the territory and ask them their thoughts on you being able to secure employment on your arrival and submit their responses to the NT as part of your evidence, you could also look on the job websites and send them all relevant job adverts it will all strengthen your case

Good luck