187 visa- changing sponsor

Hi,

I've only been on my 187 visa for less than 2 months, and it's just been announced this week that the business is being sold. Does anyone know where I stand with this? The scenarios going through my head are :

a) if I lose my job, how long have I got to find another, and does it have to be the same job as per my visa and one the same contract terms?

b) if I keep my job under new management and I things change to the point I want to leave, if I find someone to take over my sponsorship does this have to be for the same role?

Im im hoping things go smoothly and changes are minimal, but want to be prepared for the worst! Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

You need a plausible reason to leave your job and business sold out sounds OK by me.

There's no time limit to find a new job however you still need to stay in the region you sponsored, so probably better find a new job asap for finance's sake.

You have PR the circumstances are beyond your control. You don't need another sponsor, if you are kept on by the new owners nothing needs to be done. Immigration are not really interested unless you leave and go and work in a non regional area, thus breaking your part of the deal.

they very rarely cancel RSMS visas in fact not sure if it happens at all unless some fraud had been committed. Take advice from an agent if unsure but you should be fine with the visa bit. Your only worry is being out of a job.

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone

I had the same situation as Bean2804.

I've only been on my 187 visa for 6 months, and it's just been announced that the company will be closing down next mont and we will all made redundant.

An a RSMS 187 VISA here in the Northern Territory. Can I apply to other regional area like in Western Australia for example.

I'm worried I could not find Job in NT at the moment.

Thanks