Hi all,

We lodged our 189 visa application on 8th June. I have sent off for our police clearance certificates and we're booked in for our medicals this Saturday (21st June). I plan on uploading all our other evidence over the next few days and I'm suddenly feeling really nervous about it! Is there anyone else out there at the same stage? It'd be great to be able to go through this bit with someone else!

Also, does anyone know how long it takes to be allocated a case officer at the moment?

Shelly x

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Shelly. I lodged mine 3 June. Not booked meds yet waiting until CO allocated which for most people seems to be within 3 wks at the moment. :)

3 weeks! that's less time than I thought to get a case officer, I imagined it'd take a couple of months. Does that mean that if we front load all the docs, inc PCC and Meds like rhiana has, then they could do a direct grant in a matter of weeks?? If that hasn't given me an incentive to get cracking on uploading the documents I don't know what will lol

I can't stop being paranoid about our evidence of employment. A lot of the companies my hubby sub-contracted for over the last 10 years have gone bust so we've done a statutory declaration covering the first 5 years and will be sending wage slips to back it up. I've got references for the more recent stuff and therefore feel less worried about that. I don't believe my worries are warranted but it doesn't stop me stressing!

Fingers crossed for us all xx

Hi shelly, We have just had our police checks back today :-) we did our medicals yesterday which should be on the system by next Monday in OZ. We haven't been allocated a case officer yet and we lodged on 31st May for a 189 visa ( melbourne ) We really want to go in September, we was advised by our agent to go ahead with meds etc before allocation of a C/O to speed things up, as that's all the C/O is going to ask for. Where are you heading too? Also when are you hoping to head out? Good luck xx

This is such a helpful and informative forum. I wish I had known about it before lodging our application! We lodged ours onshore on 13/06 and my husband is going for medicals this morning (my "organise your health examination" link hasn't appeared yet because I did a chest X-ray 6 months ago as part of our 457 to Oz). About 24 hours after I uploaded the documents, the document status changed from "Recommended/Required" to "Received", but I've read that this doesn't mean a CO is allocated. Has anyone seen the same thing?

I've sent off our PCC application to the UK yesterday - does anyone have experience applying for PCC from Australia and know how long it would take? I chose the Premium service and International courier.

Edited by Cissi

Hi shelly, We have just had our police checks back today :-) we did our medicals yesterday which should be on the system by next Monday in OZ. We haven't been allocated a case officer yet and we lodged on 31st May for a 189 visa ( melbourne ) We really want to go in September, we was advised by our agent to go ahead with meds etc before allocation of a C/O to speed things up, as that's all the C/O is going to ask for. Where are you heading too? Also when are you hoping to head out? Good luck xx

Hi

We want to go in September too, we're heading to Perth. In fact we want to go in September that much we're going to book flights at the end of this month. I'm convinced that if we wait until the visa is granted there won't be flights available at the good price available right now, or if there are our family of 4 won't be able to sit together. I've checked and they are transferable (at a cost) but even taking into account the fee if we have to change they're still a similar price to the nearest competitive flight. I sent our Police Certificate applications off on the 6th June so I'm expecting them back any day now. Hopefully the medicals will be uploaded quickly after our appointment on Saturday and by then everything will be done. I today uploaded everything apart from the employment evidence, which I want to sort into some order before uploading it over the next few days. Where are you going to?

Diem Hang - I thought that if the status changed to 'received' this means a case officer has been allocated but I've no idea where that has come from. Have they requested you're medicals/PCC yet?

Hi shelly, just noticed your partner is a joiner, so is mine :-) We are heading to melbourne hopefully. We have used an agent so they have everything apart from mine and hubby's medicals ( they have the children's) had an email earlier from our agent and it can take 3 months to get a C/O :-/ I personally don't think it will take that long. Good luck with your move, please keep me informed xx

Hi

I thought that if the status changed to 'received' this means a case officer has been allocated but I've no idea where that has come from. Have they requested you're medicals/PCC yet?

Shelly - I thought so too, because I also received this automated email saying "Reference No. EGOXXXXXX: Correspondence relating to this transaction has been sent." which some people said means a CO has been allocated. However, some said the switched statuses do not mean anything, rather an automatic acknowledgement that your files have been uploaded. These switches occurred on a Saturday morning, so I doubt that a case officer was working then. Have yours changed? I just wish they let you know formally when a case officer is allocated rather than this guessing game!

No one has got in touch with me to request anything directly. The medicals link appeared automatically for my husband, but not for me.

Edited by Cissi

Shelly - I thought so too, because I also received this automated email saying "Reference No. EGOXXXXXX: Correspondence relating to this transaction has been sent." which some people said means a CO has been allocated. However, some said the switched statuses do not mean anything, rather an automatic acknowledgement that your files have been uploaded. These switches occurred on a Saturday morning, so I doubt that a case officer was working then. Have yours changed? I just wish they let you know formally when a case officer is allocated rather than this guessing game!

No one has got in touch with me to request anything directly. The medicals link appeared automatically for my husband, but not for me.

Hi Cissi

Where I have uploaded documents the status switched from 'recommended' to 'required' but they still don't say 'received'. Although the link is available for the medical I was under the impression that if, at the time the case officer is allocated, the medicals and/or other evidence hasn't been uploaded they will request them by email. But that's just from what I've picked up from on the forums so may be wrong. I assume it's the same for on-shore/off-shore applications?? If you hear anything definitely let us know!

Hi Shelly,

You're right that the CO will request medicals and other evidence by email if they haven't been uploaded, which is why I'm still waiting for them to give me a HAP ID for the meds. I think if we were allocated a CO, they would have got in touch already for that.

I'm not sure why your document status hasn't changed - it's all a bit of guesswork, really. Personally, I don't think it's an indication of CO looking at your docs based on the times of day these switches occurred in my case. I literally check the status every 30 mins so I know!

Will definitely keep you posted. I've seen a lot of quick turn around for 189 on the forum so fingers crossed you'll receive grant soon and can plan your journey here!

Edited by Cissi

Hi Shelley,

You're right that the CO will request medicals and other evidence by email if they haven't been uploaded, which is why I'm still waiting for them to give me a HAP ID. I think if we were allocated a CO, they would have already got in touch to provide me with a HAP ID so that I could do the med exam and HIV blood test, as those are mandatory.

I'm not sure why your document status hasn't changed - it's all a bit of guesswork, really. Personally, I don't think it's an indication of CO looking at your docs based on the times of day these switches occurred in my case. I literally check the status every 30 mins so I know!

Will definitely keep you posted. I've seen a lot of quick turn around for 189 on the forum so fingers crossed you'll receive grant soon and can plan your journey here!

Hi Cissi, I think when you click on the link "Organize your health check" below the table to upload your docs, complete it, print it, the HAP ID should be there, then just pick up phone and arrange health check with your Doctor. I dont think you should wait until CO is assigned to have HAP ID.

Btw, does anyone got CO assigned? I've seen many applicants recently got CO assigned within 10 days after lodging.

Hi Cissi, I think when you click on the link "Organize your health check" below the table to upload your docs, complete it, print it, the HAP ID should be there, then just pick up phone and arrange health check with your Doctor. I dont think you should wait until CO is assigned to have HAP ID.

Btw, does anyone got CO assigned? I've seen many applicants recently got CO assigned within 10 days after lodging.

Hi Bondminh,

The link is not available to me because I did the X-ray medical 6 months ago for my 457, so now I have to wait for the CO to manually request the other tests. My husband didn't have to do the X-ray when he came over so we did what we said and attended his medicals yesterday.

When did you apply?

Hello All,

Our migration Agent advised us that they had submitted our visa application yesterday, so just a whole load of agonising waiting I guess. We are wondering whether to do PCC and medicals now or wait until the CO asks us for them. As we have gone through an agent, we do not get to see the process of our application :( I am sure I have read somewhere we can ask for the link to be able to view this also?

Did the agent give you a receipt of the application fee or copy of the application confirmation email? You will find that there is a TRN (transaction reference number). Mine is a 10-digit alpha numeric code starting with EGOXXXXXXX.

You can then register for an ImmiAccount here and import your visa application using the TRN:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/immiaccount.aspx

If you're already onshore, I would do PCC and meds now. If not, it is then depending on your personal circumstances because if you are granted a visa, you will need to enter Australia before your PCC or medicals expires, which is 12 months after issue.

Hi,

My agent lodged our application on 17-June. She estimates the CO to be assigned in around 6 weeks. Front-loaded all the docs except Meds; she recommends completing the medicals after a CO has been assigned. Hopefully the wait won't be too long!

Anyone lucky so far?

Hi Cissi,

We did get a copy of the tax invoice/receipt for the application fee, but there is no TRN number on there. The only thing similar is a FTRN number which only has 8 numbers.

Also, how long does it take for the money to be taken out of the account? It was submitted on Wednesday, but on Friday the money has not been touched.

Thanks.

Hi Cissi,

We did get a copy of the tax invoice/receipt for the application fee, but there is no TRN number on there. The only thing similar is a FTRN number which only has 8 numbers.

Also, how long does it take for the money to be taken out of the account? It was submitted on Wednesday, but on Friday the money has not been touched.

Thanks.

Hi Telle,

Please read this before you continue with importing the application: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/214079-immiaccount-advise-please.html

I just want to make sure that people are fully informed :)

I don't know anything about FTRN, however, maybe someone else could help you out? It'd be best if you tell you agent that you would like access to the application and ask her to help you set it up.

I applied on a Friday and the money was taken out maybe Tuesday? However, I applied directly and not via an agent so I don't know if it's different in your case.

I've just logged into my immiaccount and can see the status has changed from 'required' to 'received' for all the documents I've uploaded so far. I agree with Cissi that I don't think this means anything as the missing medicals and PCCs haven't been requested. We all tripped to Birmingham on Saturday for the medicals and we got an email this morning from ACPO confirming receipt of our PCC application. We were told by the panel Dr that it'll take up to 2 weeks for the medicals to be uploaded. Nothing to do with my visa application but my Voluntary Redundancy application at work has been accepted, I'm just waiting get confirmation that I can leave at the end of July rather than October - this could really throw a spanner in the works if not approved! Keeping everything firmly crossed.

I can't wait until the first person reports that they've been allocated a Case Officer. Exciting times!!!

Hello everybody!! We have finally lodged our application tonight.... So what happens next? Where do I upload the documents? Will I receive an email that asks for them? Shall I go ahead with the medicals and the pcc anyway even before we get asked?

This forum is brilliant, thanks for your help :wink:

Hello everybody!! We have finally lodged our application tonight.... So what happens next? Where do I upload the documents? Will I receive an email that asks for them? Shall I go ahead with the medicals and the pcc anyway even before we get asked?

This forum is brilliant, thanks for your help :wink:

Hey, another one to join our gang :)

In the application itself, in immiaccount, there are links to upload documents to cover all the requirements for each applicant. There will also be a link to print off your referral letters for your medicals if you want to arrange them now.

As to whether to go ahead with your medicals and PCC now or wait until your Case Officer requests them it's entirely dependent on when you're hoping to make the trip over there as you get 1 year from the earliest of either your PCC or your medicals to activate your visa (i.e. touch down in Oz). If you're not planning on going for a while there is no point in rushing imo.

It's exciting isn't it. Good luck!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!

We are not planning on leaving in a rush so I guess we can wait until asked :)

I have checked the documents to upload (found them) and they are asking for documents (like proof of English for my children) which cannot really be provided..... Is it standard or shall I investigate further? They are also asking about my skills although my husband is the main applicant..... Confused!!!!!

Edited by Matamanoa
Found what I was looking for