187 visa leaving employer

Hi

I am currently on a 187 visa. I’ve been working for my employer for 1 year. Recently things have not been going well with my employer. I am being asked to preform roles that are not in my contract. I am a restaurant manager for a tavern in the Northern Territory, my employer asked me to apply for a gaming licence which has absolutely nothing to do with my role as a restaurant manager. This was never reported to immigration. As part of the gaming licence I am expected to close the pub which also resides in the same business. This requires working alone late at night closing a pub in a remote area. We have no security and there are frequent bar fights that we are expected to stop. Also in the past week I was expected to manage the bar for my employers private family party where I was threatened by one of his family. Would this be reason enough to be able to leave my job?

I would be grateful for any advice

Regards

Michaela

Agreed. Your visa could be at risk.

Who did all these things before? Have you pointed out that this is not in your contract and that you don't want to do it? Immigration would want to see you have made every reasonable effort to stay and resolve issues before leaving.

• 3 months later...