189: How long to Visa Grant after Meds/PCC Request from CO?

Just Curious. For the 189 PR Visa, How long does it typically take to get a visa grant after submitting Meds and PCC after getting request from CO?

I submitted Form 80 in May 2014 and got an email from CO requesting for Meds and PCC in early June 2014. Any ideas?

Regards, D

Just Curious. For the 189 PR Visa, How long does it typically take to get a visa grant after submitting Meds and PCC after getting request from CO?

I submitted Form 80 in May 2014 and got an email from CO requesting for Meds and PCC in early June 2014. Any ideas?

Regards, D

I am in the same position. You get an indication by looking at people's timelines under their posts. But it seems to vary, I guess it depends on your case officer.

Congrats Rachel! When did the CO request your info?

We are in limbo too - got a CO early May 2014 who requested Meds/PCC which we submitted before end of May. Now we wait.....

Hi Rossco2810. I think you should be getting yours soon. It normally does not go past 1 month after submitting Meds/PCC.

Hope you get yours soon!

Seems to vary massively from what I can tell. Some poor folk like @Dannielle24 have submitted everything upfront and have been waiting months without even knowing if they've got a Case Office.

I'm in a similar situation to you @dangargoyle. My CO requested PCC and Medicals on 20 May. My PCC was uploaded 2 June and my medicals were uploaded 9 June.

Now we wait. Apparently, the CO only looks at the documents after the 28 day deadline. So I don't expect to hear anything until 17 June earliest which is roughly 28 days from when the CO requested the documents.

Edited by cuberoot

Seems to vary massively from what I can tell. Some poor folk like @Dannielle24 have submitted everything upfront and have been waiting months without even knowing if they've got a Case Office.

I'm in a similar situation to you @dangargoyle. My CO requested PCC and Medicals on 20 May. My PCC was uploaded 2 June and my medicals were uploaded 9 June.

Now we wait. Apparently, the CO only looks at the documents after the 28 day deadline. So I don't expect to hear anything until 17 June earliest which is roughly 28 days from when the CO requested the documents.

Hi cuberoot,

Wish you all the best. By the way, how do I configure my timeline?

Congrats Rachel! When did the CO request your info?

We are in limbo too - got a CO early May 2014 who requested Meds/PCC which we submitted before end of May. Now we wait.....

Thanks folks. My request came through on 16/05, I had front loaded all other docs including Form80. My meds were uploaded at the beginning of June, and my PCC on the 11/06. The grant came through within 24hrs. I emailed my case officer to check my medicals and again straight after uploading my PCC. I am not sure if this had an influence but I wanted her to know all docs were now present.

I am hopefully moving to Melbourne Jan 2015 to teach Secondary Science. Good luck everybody.

• 3 weeks later...
@dangargoyle

You can setup your signature by clicking "Settings" in the top right corner when logged in.

Then you will see a "Edit signature" link under "My Settings" on the left hand side.

Good luck!

Thanks Cuberoot,

BTW. My MEDS/PCC Uploaded on 27.06.2014. Now eagerly waiting.....

• 1 month later...
Really? Was there a problem with your meds?

@kellyv. Nope. There was absolutely no problem with the Meds or PCC. They were all cleared on 27th June 2014.

Starting to wonder if its worth the waiting after all. Its now roughly 1 year since I lodged the visa application. Life has got to move on, you cannot wait forever..... I mean, a lot can happen within one year. Just got a big promotion at work and starting to wonder if it will really be worthwhile to immigrate after all.......Damn!

:skeptical:

Yes I know what you mean! Well I guess when it finally does come.through if you validate it you have 5 years to make the move. If its the right thing for you then I guess you will go, if not then maybe it wasn't meant to be! Sounds like you should give the new job a go anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mine has same story. Still waiting for the final approval. Let's hope for the best.

Hi hasanjavied1,

Any update to your status? I uploaded all my required docs on Oct-10-2014. But I don't see any status update anywhere - like "Document received" or something like that. Am I suppsed to see any status update after uploading all the docs? Thnx.

• 1 month later...