Expression of Interest. Can Someone Please Explain?

JerryandPaul

Hi All,

firstly, i apologise for not being more clued up but I have asked (possibly the wrong) questions and don't appear to be getting answers, so I wondered if anyone could explain to me what I need to be doing next. I understand that Tasmania is the only state accepting Residential Care Officers and my EOI reads as follows, so do I just continue to apply for jobs in in the state, in the hope that someone will take notice, or is there an alternative option? Thanks.

Skilled - Nominated (Subclass 190) (Permanent) Yes

Employer Sponsored Permanent

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent) Yes

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) Yes (Permanent)

Employer Sponsored Temporary

Business (Long Stay) (Subclass 457) Yes

Hi,

Firstly, you are right, Tasmania is the only state looking for Residential Care Officers, for now anyway. Keep your eye on the states looking for the occupation, as for instance ACT was looking for them too, but isn't any more. It would be worth checking again for ACT on July 1st.

However, for ACT they have different requirements depending if you are in ACT or overseas. If you are overseas you will need to show there are 5-8 jobs in your occupation, and that you have the relevant skills. A job offer would be even better.

I am slightly confused as regards your list of visas. You would generally apply for 190 & 489 (as your occupation is not on SOL) as these are skilled migration paths.

I am not sure of the relevance of applying for a 457, 186 or 187 as they are all employer nominated programmes. You would need a job offer in place to be applying for those, and it's not an expression of interest (which is for skilled migration).

If you want to move to TAS I wouldn't wait for them to pick your EOI out, just apply directly to them through their website.

Leaving the 457,186,187 options on there just allows Australian business with an Ozkey to view your details on skillselect for a possible employer-sponsored visa.

If you want to move to TAS I wouldn't wait for them to pick your EOI out, just apply directly to them through their website.

Leaving the 457,186,187 options on there just allows Australian business with an Ozkey to view your details on skillselect for a possible employer-sponsored visa.

Thanks for that Adam, sorry to ask this but would you happen to know the department I should be approaching?

It's no trouble. The application can be made here: http://www.migration.tas.gov.au/forms/apply/skilled/skilled. Same website contains all the specific TAS State/Territory nomination criteria/requirements which should be checked first.

All the best,

Adam, do I need to wait until I get a job offer or strong interest from a Tasmanian employer?