186 visa

fiji

Hi guys i have been following this forum for quite a long time and its been really helpful.

I am applying my PR through ENS temporary transition stream .

I have lodged my nomination and visa application together on the 22 /4/2014

I am using a MA ,we have provided all documents including medical and both police clearance ,now its time to wait patiently :biggrin:.

• 2 months later...
Hi maryrose02

still haven't heard anything :(

Most of the people who applied in April after me has been granted their visa .

How about you ?

I think I took my first step towards applying for a visa around New Year's Day, 1978, when I got four passport pictures from one of those booths at the station (no need for those kind of 'selfies' now!) I think my WHV visa came through a few months later, can't remember exactly, and I left England on 24 October, 1978, arriving in WA, by ship from Singapore after a flight from Gatwick, on 3 November, 1978.

I was lucky because, not long after I extended my visa for six months, into 1980, the Australian Government announced an amnesty for illegal immigrants which included anyone who was in the country before a particular date. I was not here illegally, just on a WHV, so I, as my brothers did, got permanent residence, and later citizenship. I've been a citizen since 1983.

Where are you from, by the way? And where do you hope to go to in Australia?