186 Visa Processing time from Employer nomination to Approval

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone out there has an idea of current 2014 processing time for 186 Visa ( Temporary Residence Transition stream).

My employer nomination took 6 months for approval ( approved March 2014) and now I waiting to hear on progress of my application.

Any current approval timelines would be a fantastic help.

thanks all..

Hi Beck,

thanks for the thread link & congratulation on your fantastic news.

I'll check thread out now, called immigration also, held for a hour and poor agent could only give me the Dept. Standard info that applications can take anywhere from 6 to 9 months! My employer nomination took 6month.. All my docs, payment etc have been submitted, So only a few to go.. Fingers crossed..

There is a whole thread based on this that you may like to have a look at.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/158703-skillselect-ens-186-timeline.html

Anyhow, mine was approved yesterday and took 10 weeks to process.

Good luck

Beck

Hi Beck,

thanks for the thread link & congratulation on your fantastic news.

I'll check thread out now, called immigration also, held for a hour and poor agent could only give me the Dept. Standard info that applications can take anywhere from 6 to 9 months! My employer nomination took 6month.. All my docs, payment etc have been submitted, So only a few to go.. Fingers crossed..

Hi RobbieOZ

Our timeline was as follows (186 direct entry stream, previously here on NZ citizen and 461 NZ family member temporary visas):

November 2013: completed medicals, police checks, all paperwork sorted.

23 December 2013: application submitted

1 April 2014: employer nomination approval

2 May 2014: permanent residence approved

You should hear any day now, fingers crossed. Waiting to hear is so frustrating. Anyway, good luck!

• 2 months later...

My husbands work submitted there nomination on 8th May and as yet we have not heard anything, fingers crossed it should be soon. As we didn't have the money at the time we never submitted our part, this is going in this week. Any idea how long we might have to wait for this part to be approved?

• 3 weeks later...

hi every one i just saw this forum and i have so many questions. well my boss submited the nomination on may and we havent hear anything yet but my questions is should i submit my part and pay now or should i wait to the approval ??? im scared to pay now.... please let me know how did you guys did it

thanks a lot

Hi Angelica30,

It is entirely up to you when you choose to lodge.

Some people have waited for the nomination approval, and some have lodged their application at more or less the same that the nomination was lodged. I did not wait and lodged my application shortly after the nomination. This was end May/ mid June 2014 so I have got a bit to go before I hear anything back.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck :-)

hi there,

my employer is going to nominate me on the 186 direct entry visa, as a bricklayer.

I previously did my skills assesment although it doesnt ask for it on this visa, but i was originally going to go down another route!!!

we have filled the application online,i have filled the form 80 out.

he has gathered all evidence proving he is a trading business, also employing austrailian workers and he has a austrailian apprentice,his insurances and the wages are all above board.

i have job contract my resume and trade cirts.

i think we are pretty much ready to submit the application, just a confused where people are saying they got the employer approved 1st, then got there application in?

i was planning on submitting everything, forms and evidance at once, along with the payment? is this the correct way of doing things??

i will then be put onto a bridging visa according to immergration and was planning on getting my police checks and medical (if needed) after??

am i going down the correct road??

any advice would be a massive help!

thanks in advance!

You do need a positive skills assessment for the Direct Entry stream. Some people wait to get the nomination approval before submitting the application, just in case the nomination is rejected (since you won't get a refund for your application fee). If you can continue working for your employer under your existing visa, then perhaps wait. But if you need to get your application in sooner and can't wait, then you can apply and hope there isn't an issue with the nomination.

• 1 year later...