ACS 2613, EOI 60 points - Submitted 28.02.14

millholl

Hey guys,

I submitted my EOI on 28th February 2014 with 60 points (IETLS 7.5 so only awarded 10 points :( ).

Thing is, my ACS skills assessment expires on 10th May 2014. I think the next round of invitations is on Monday 28th April. What do you think my chances are of being invited?

I noticed on the 14th April invitations, that the cut off for 2613 with 60 points was 27th January which is only 4 weeks prior to my submission date - pretty close.

Anyone have any views?

Cheers

Yes I did an RPL as I don't have a degree.

I'm not sure what you mean by deducting experience.

My ACS letter from 10th May 2012 has summarised me as Developer Programmer with 7yrs and 7mths experience (see image), this is up to 2010. I've continued in this role for another 4 years up until present day. Although I've not been assessed for this part.

experience.jpg

experience.jpg

Unless the letter format has changed recently, there's a line of text above the list of jobs you submitted stating from which date your qualifications are recognised.

On my assessment they didn't recognise 2 years 6 months worth, but still listed all of the jobs I had submitted.

They changed the rules. See the acs criteria or Google the acs experience rule change deductions.

I am assuming you were claiming 20 points for skilled work experience of 9 years odd?

If you reapplied to ACS now they would remove 8 years and only credit you for 1 year skilled experience which would give you 0 points. Numerous people have found that the visa case officer has come back to them in recent months and told them that they have an incorrect points total /invalid application as they have aligned their criteria with ACS :-( Check the expatforum. Your case officer may not question it but I wouldn't want to risk it myself :-( good luck