New passports

Ballac

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can help, my two children's pass ports were due to expire so we renewed them, we already have our visas but are still in the UK. We are due to leave around mid June. Do I fill in the 929 form and send it to Aus to change the visas over to the new passport? Or is there a UK address too.. It not very clear in the immi website it just says take to your nearest office as if I'm already in Australia. Also does anyone know how long this takes and do the send you anything back in the post? Just my house sale could go through at any time so may not be at this address....thanks for any help :)

Just done this myself in a very similar position. I have sent the form 929, colour copies of old and new passport to the Australian High Commission in London. The info will be updated electronically, so not expecting any postal reply. It says they will email when the update has happened

8 weeks??

Betters get my finger out.

I'm in the same situation, house being sold, nearly ready to make the move, but wife's and daughter's passport needs renewing,

Can the old passports still be used alongside the visa for id? Or does the visa need updating with new passport numbers before we travel?