190 Visa April 2014 Gang

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm a secondary school science teacher and new to PIO but thought I'd share what's happening with us so far, in case it's useful to anyone.

08/03/14 - EOI submitted for myself + partner

21/03/14 - SA state nomination application submitted

15/04/14 - Invitation to apply for 190 received with deadline of 14th June 2014.

16/04/14 - Registered online for an E-medical account and completed the E-visa healthcheck which gave me a HAP ID number and allowed me to book my medicals before lodging the visa application.

26/04/14 - Medicals undertaken - the Panel Doctor advised that the results would be sent through to E-medical/Immi within 1 week.

27/04/14 - 190 visa application lodged and fees paid. I then immediately started uploading/attaching documents and colour scans online for the evidence that was in the document checklist.

05/05/14 - I checked today and the documents have all been identified as "received" whilst a couple are listed as "required", e.g. the medicals stuff, which mustn't have been received yet. The Visa status has changed from "submitted" to "processing".

I know the immi.gov website says about 3 months processing time but this seems to be going through quite quickly. I haven't yet been assigned a CO though.

I'd be interested to hear what other peoples' experiences are.

We also submitted application for SS in SA on 14/04. Still waiting for Co to be assigned

I guess you are waiting for State Sponsorship. Just so you know, this thread is for people who have already got a SS invitation and lodged their visa in April 2014. You can still follow and post if you have to say anything.

I know the immi.gov website says about 3 months processing time but this seems to be going through quite quickly. I haven't yet been assigned a CO though.

Sorry to break your heart, but there wouldn't be much progress after the documents status changes to 'Received'. It's just a waiting game after that. According to current situation, the visa quota for 2013-14 has all been used up and we have to wait until July 2014 until our applications will be picked up.

Things are different and a little quick for people who's Medicals and PCC are going to be expired soon.

Sorry to break your heart, but there wouldn't be much progress after the documents status changes to 'Received'. It's just a waiting game after that. According to current situation, the visa quota for 2013-14 has all been used up and we have to wait until July 2014 until our applications will be picked up.

Things are different and a little quick for people who's Medicals and PCC are going to be expired soon.

Hi all

July is not far just 60 days away, people who lodged in april will get visa in july same as who lodged in feb and march, i think you are some what lucky, waiting game is short..

Cheers

First post from me ever on these forums so thought I needed to step up! Received SA SS start of April and 190 visa lodged 15 April. No emails or co as yet. From this and other forums, get the very strong impression that it will be at least July before any movement now. Waiting for medicals and PCc just now as these are fairly straight forward with minimal waiting list etc. Don't want to start the clock re entrance times just yet. Like some wise fella once said, anything good is always worth waiting for....... Good luck to all others in the same boat.

First post from me ever on these forums so thought I needed to step up! Received SA SS start of April and 190 visa lodged 15 April. No emails or co as yet. From this and other forums, get the very strong impression that it will be at least July before any movement now. Waiting for medicals and PCc just now as these are fairly straight forward with minimal waiting list etc. Don't want to start the clock re entrance times just yet. Like some wise fella once said, anything good is always worth waiting for....... Good luck to all others in the same boat.

Yes. I guess it will be July when they start processing the 190s.

May I know your ANZSCO code for the job you are applying ? Also, keep us posted once you get the PCC/Meds done. I guess they are picking applications in the order of expiry of PCC/Medicals whichever is earlier. I have taken the liberty to update your stats here on this sheet. Hope that's ok. I am missing anything please update it, if you are okay with it.

http://tinyurl.com/oe7qcub

Edited by torrentkid

Hi, I'm a secondary school science teacher and new to PIO but thought I'd share what's happening with us so far, in case it's useful to anyone.

08/03/14 - EOI submitted for myself + partner

21/03/14 - SA state nomination application submitted

15/04/14 - Invitation to apply for 190 received with deadline of 14th June 2014.

16/04/14 - Registered online for an E-medical account and completed the E-visa healthcheck which gave me a HAP ID number and allowed me to book my medicals before lodging the visa application.

26/04/14 - Medicals undertaken - the Panel Doctor advised that the results would be sent through to E-medical/Immi within 1 week.

27/04/14 - 190 visa application lodged and fees paid. I then immediately started uploading/attaching documents and colour scans online for the evidence that was in the document checklist.

05/05/14 - I checked today and the documents have all been identified as "received" whilst a couple are listed as "required", e.g. the medicals stuff, which mustn't have been received yet. The Visa status has changed from "submitted" to "processing".

@emwatson Do you mind letting us know the ANZSCO code you applied for. Also, I have taken the liberty to update your stats here on this sheet. Hope that's ok. I am missing anything please update it, if you are okay with it.

Edited by torrentkid

Hi all

i hv lodged 190 vic ss visa in end april 2014. Just uploaded all the relevant documentation pertaining to points claimed along with pcc's . Just wondering is there any form other than the electronic to be filled out.?? And also does my child of 2 years at present overseas need to get medical done. Anybdy with idea pls help.!!!!

@emwatson Do you mind letting us know the ANZSCO code you applied for. Also, I have taken the liberty to update your stats here on this sheet. Hope that's ok. I am missing anything please update it, if you are okay with it.

No problem torrentkid

The ANZSCO code is 241411 and I front loaded my medicals and PCC. I have updated the doc (I hope I've done it properly!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing&pli=1

Hi guys!

Would you be able to include in your signatures when you submitted docs to vetasses (if that was your assessing body) and when you got approval? It would be really useful to know how long it has been taking the most recent people to go through that part of the process :)

Cheers

Hello Gurus,

I and my wife are 475 (regional sponsored visa holder) visa holder and living in south australia. Our PR application in 887 (PR for )subclass is due in August 2014.

I have recently got visa invitation in 190 category with the sponsorship of south australia.

* this is to mention here before i ask my queries, i need PR as soon as possible to keep my job. However, my wife needs to in Temporary residency to keep her job (she is a GP)

considering the delay in 887 subclass, i am planning to apply for visa in 190 subclass. below are my queries:

1. If i apply for 190 alone and get the visa, what will happen to the 475 visa of my wife. (will her visa be cancelled as I was the primary applicant for 475)

2. What visa option does she has to be included as my partner later. Is there any chance of visa regret if she applies in partner visa later.

3. If i apply for 190 visa, am i eligible to apply for 887 visa before the decision of 190 is made.

4. after applying for both 190 and 887, if I get PR in 190 category, will the processing of 887 still continue

I would highly appreciate your advise and knowledge sharing.

Thanks