Selection of Occupation

shahzadmr

Dear Friends,

I am holding Bachelors degree in metallurgical and Materials Engineering with 8 years of working experience.

it is mandatory to choose the same occupation from SOL matching with qualification or the selected occupation should match with nature of work experience.

To further clear it, although i am holding Bachelors degree in metallurgical and Materials Engineering but most of my work experience is in Fabrication, construction, erection and trouble shooting of mechanical equipment in the field of petrochemicals.

Plz guide me what occupation shall i select for point based skilled migration of Australia.

Shahzad

It's important that you choose the occupation under which you will be able to get a positive skills assessment and you can only claim work experience if that experience is in that or a closely related occupation. 'Closely related' means that the two occupations come under the same ANZSCO unit group i.e. their ANZSCO codes must begin with the same 4 digits.

You could begin by checking ANZSCO to see which code your degree comes under and if your work experience is covered by the 'Tasks include' section of the unit code in which your degree occupation is included but before you take any further action, it would be a good idea to get professional advice from a good RMA.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Previousproducts/E78AB4CF04B69EC7CA2571E200835469?opendocument