Police check from multiple police forces

Guest Susie_x_Chris

Guest Susie_x_Chris

I have lived in 3 counties in England since I was born and have a question about police checks.

On the http://www.immi.gov.au website the advice is "Residents of the UK will require a seperate check for each jurisdiction in which they have lived. If applying for multiple jurisdictions they must indicate this on the form to the local police."

Has anybody else been in a similar situation and received their police checks that were accepted by the DIAC? what did you write on the form and was this reflected in the reply from the police?

I am wondering if simply putting I need evidence of background checks in the three counties in question on the "Subject access request" form will get me the right information from the Police. I have spoken to the police and they say that all searches are done against the Central computer but I just want to check whther its worth sending off three request forms, one to each force.

Thanks all for your help!

Guest Gollywobbler
I have lived in 3 counties in England since I was born and have a question about police checks.

On the www.immi.gov.au website the advice is "Residents of the UK will require a seperate check for each jurisdiction in which they have lived. If applying for multiple jurisdictions they must indicate this on the form to the local police."

Has anybody else been in a similar situation and received their police checks that were accepted by the DIAC? what did you write on the form and was this reflected in the reply from the police?

I am wondering if simply putting I need evidence of background checks in the three counties in question on the "Subject access request" form will get me the right information from the Police. I have spoken to the police and they say that all searches are done against the Central computer but I just want to check whther its worth sending off three request forms, one to each force.

Thanks all for your help!

Hi Chris. A county in the UK is not a jurisdiction. If you have lived in the UK all your life, then just apply to your currently-local police and they will deal with the whole thing.

You only need multiplle police checks if you ahve lived in several different countries within the last 10 years. People who have spent a lot of time visiting Oz (like my Mum) need an Australian Fed Police check as well as the UK one, for example.

Cheers

Cill

Archived