Family In Need :(

AFRaus

Hello, im new here so be easy on me!

Right, so this is a long story so let me explain.

My dad moved down here to Oz with the whole family back in 2009 with the 457 Visa as our visa. All went well until he was made redundant about five months ago, what happened was my dad was in the process of getting everything ready for permanent residency, as in the paper work given to us by our immigration agent as well as the health checks, and again he was made redundant shortly after. My dad managed to find another sponsor nice and quickly, but while on his job hunt he passed the age threshold to apply for residency (50).

Now my father has to work for another 4 years with the same employer to even think about applying for residency as well and also has to have a wage of $129,300?

Are there any other options? My family are stressed 24/7 and are on the verge of a collapse. I'm trying to work and save so I can pay International fees for next year, and everything is looking utterly horrible for my family at the moment.

My Dad has tried looking for work in England, but the Market for his occupation right now isn't the best and he's finding it hard enough as it is now to keep it together. We also calculated that we wouldn't have enough money to move back and get a mortgage, and I would be hit with a 3 year clause and be labeled as an international student because I've been out of England for more than 3 years.

Is there anything that can be done at all, my family is literally stuck in Limbo, and every Idea we have is gives us no help.

Sorry to hear of your difficult situation. I've got no idea how to resolve your issues but wondered whether you've sought advice from a registered migration agent? I think the more complicated and difficult the situation the more likely it is that you'll need professional advice. Maybe even just the free initial advice some companies offer? Sorry I can't be any more help and I hope you find a way out ASAP. Good luck x

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out! The original sponsor should have borne relocation costs but as another company is now sponsoring they probably don't have the same obligation. Professional advice looks to be the best pathway or hope for some benevolent friend or family to get you back again

I *think* the new sponsor would also be responsible for relocation costs back to your home country but that's perhaps only if they terminate his employment, not if he resigns voluntarily.

I'm sorry you're in this situation. This is one of the pitfalls of the 457 in that it doesn't provide the benefits of PR so for families like yours it's simply a long, drawn out temporary situation. I'm not aware of any visa options your father would have after he's turned 50. It would be worth contacting a migration agent for a consultation to see if there's something possible. Good luck.

Limbo land is hard for students.. International fees stink - Are you thinking of studying in UK? when investigating how to get home with my 17 year old, I found that you can attend 6th form college free if you are a British citizen - so one option for heading back the plan currently is to do A levels + gap year volunteering = domestic fees. Not ideal and involves repeating studies, but cheaper than paying full fees. Also if you are 457, I assume there is an argument that you have only been temporarily absent from UK, so you may qualify for domestic UK fees straight away.....