187 visa 2014

Reven

Hi

was wondering if anyone can offer help or advice.

applied for a 187 visa 3 months ago...haven't heard anything from immi or been allocated a CO. Medical and everything done. Called up today and checked the status and they said my bridging visa has been granted - no idea what this means and I haven't been notified.

i am currently defacto on a 457 visa which doesn't expire any time soon. What does the bridging visa mean??

The bridging visa covers you once your 457 is granted so you don't become illegal.

The advertised processing time is 6 months I believe. It's hard, but be patient.

Cool thank u! So technically my bridging visa is only neccessary once my 457 visa runs out?

Some one know how long process 187 decision ready thanks

The advertised time is 6 months but it can be significantly more or less. It's a bit like a lucky dip. It also depends on if you used an agent and they applied 'decision ready' and if you are from a high or low risk country.

It also seems to depend which office you apply to. If you look at the timeline thread for RSMS 187 the application and grant times are all over the place!

They maintain that applications are allocated to COs in lodgement order and DRC have priority and that processing is currently 6 months for non DRC. We applied 6th august non DRC with police checks, RCB approved a couple of weeks later and meds added late November. Nothing until agent enquirer the suddenly we got a CO and grant 2 days later. If your application has everything in place and we'll presented it helps. The 6 month processing time is for complete applications if they have to request further information it takes longer.

we did our Business Skills visa by ourselves and got it OK, but for this one we used an agent as it was last chance as turning 50. Used Go Matilda and yes employer paid their fee but we paid our visa fee over $7000 for four of us. We'll worth it though.

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone

i applied for 187 visa in august 2013 as a store manager. i already completed 6 months so that's why i called immigration office and they told that case officer is already allocated for nomination 15th of January and its more than month now case officer didn't contact me. i know i submitted all documents, medical and police clearance. processing center is Melbourne. if anyone can advice me or applied same time.

thanks

applied for a 187 visa 3 months ago...haven't heard anything from immi or been allocated a CO. Medical and everything done. Called up today and checked the status and they said my bridging visa has been granted - no idea what this means and I haven't been notified.

i am currently defacto on a 457 visa which doesn't expire any time soon. What does the bridging visa mean??

hi everyone

i applied for 187 visa in august 2013 as a store manager. i already completed 6 months so that's why i called immigration office and they told that case officer is already allocated for nomination 15th of January and its more than month now case officer didn't contact me. i know i submitted all documents, medical and police clearance. processing center is Melbourne. if anyone can advice me or applied same time.

thanks

Means you can have two visas .... for example you can have 573 visa and bridging visa at the same time... but bridging visa won't come to be in effect until 573 expires. Student is bigger than bridging visa.. so when you get a new bridging visa it can't cover 573... also when your pr is granted.. it will cover your 573 and 010

BTW when did you apply ...like mid august or late august..?