Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      21 times
      Rep

Herbs and spices

Sorry just having a panic about my kitchen bits n bobs. This may sound really silly, but, will I be able to bring over things like herbs and spices. I like cooking curries so have a draw full of mustard, corriander seeds, curry & powders etc so could they be shipped in the container (not the jar, the big one with all our stuff in) when we move? Whilst I'm on the subject of food can I bring other food items such as tins and what about wooden spoons?

Sue

Open your eyes; the world is outside your door

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep

No "Ruby Murray" !!!!!??????

Hi Sue
      Definately know for a fact you cant take seeds in.......... not sure about spices. Funnily enough I bought a few of those large decorative jars/bootle with different layers of seeds & spices, and I wont be able to take them either.
      But all is not doomed, I should imagine you can get all that out there, as they have a big Asian influence in Oz.... but hey, if im wrong, im sure someone will let me know - in the nicest possible way of course!!!!!
      Finally living in Mount Martha, Melbourne......... and loving it !!!!!!!!!
      TRA passed - Feb. 07 ...........Visa granted (136- General Plumber) 14th June !!!!!!!! Landed in Oz 9th December 2007!!!
      PIO Skilled Trades database for Victoria:
      http://www.freewebs.com/victorianskilledtraderslist/index.htm

ali

Title
      Liked
      15059 times
      Rep
      Sue,

You can get all that here - don't worry
      I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      21 times
      Rep
      I wasn't worried about not being able to buy them all over there - I'm just a stingey old bird and didn't wasn't to throw them out! Looks like I'll have to start running the store cupboard down and going without when we finally get the OK to go.
      Sue

Open your eyes; the world is outside your door

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      Hi, Oz is VERY strict about what's allowed in the country and there are lots of foodstuffs not allowed. I don't think you can bring in herbs and spices but don't worry there are supermarkets,etc here and I think you'll find everything you need. You could always check out what's allowed on www.affa.gov.au

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      Hi Mo2,

i have a collectors set of spice and herb jars and was told by Crown removals if they're full they need to be emptied before I go to Oz. With regards wooden spoons, I have quite a few and a very nice wooden chopping block too. If I want to take them they all have to be thoroughly cleaned (not that I don't wash them) without a trace of anything on them. My block is a bit stained due to my love of fresh chillies - this is going to have to stay here I'm afraid.

Felicity
      Felicity + Michael - We're 'Pozzies' - Happy and Lovin' it!
      Melbourne since September 07

•