457 to PR dependent query

fattony

Hi All,

quick question ..I'm applying to move from my current 457 to PR in a couple of weeks via a "decision ready" application via a migration agent .

I have a son (24) back home in Uni currently finishing off his Masters in Dec 2013 and he is a full time student and is currently a

dependent on my 457 and will also be included as a dependent on my PR app (age limit is 25 as long as in full time ed and dependent )

There is a break over the summer Aug to end of Sep where he wants to come over to Oz and take a part time job for a few months (20hrs a week)

I'm concerned that if he takes a job in Oz even at only 20 hrs a week that he may be classed as a "non-dependant" family member and not qualify

under my PR app

...anybody any thoughts ..apart from the obvious ..i.e tell him not to work :)

:)

Hi All,

quick question ..I'm applying to move from my current 457 to PR in a couple of weeks via a "decision ready" application via a migration agent .

I have a son (24) back home in Uni currently finishing off his Masters in Dec 2013 and he is a full time student and is currently a

dependent on my 457 and will also be included as a dependent on my PR app (age limit is 25 as long as in full time ed and dependent )

There is a break over the summer Aug to end of Sep where he wants to come over to Oz and take a part time job for a few months (20hrs a week)

I'm concerned that if he takes a job in Oz even at only 20 hrs a week that he may be classed as a "non-dependant" family member and not qualify

under my PR app

...anybody any thoughts ..apart from the obvious ..i.e tell him not to work :)

:)

Well that sounds like holiday work, it is common for students to undertake work in the holidays. Still, I would be a little worried about the timing of this as employer sponsored visas are so slow. I see from other posts you are something in the medical profession, it is a shame you did not go for skilled migration a long time ago, you still could you know...

Well that sounds like holiday work, it is common for students to undertake work in the holidays. Still, I would be a little worried about the timing of this as employer sponsored visas are so slow. I see from other posts you are something in the medical profession, it is a shame you did not go for skilled migration a long time ago, you still could you know...

We got ours under the new system in four months, beginning to end, so not that slow!