Thread: 190 subclass visa - path and processing time

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep

Smile 190 subclass visa - path and processing time

Hi,

Great forum, good to be here!

Do you guys have an idea about the processing times for 190 subclass visa and the steps to follow.

I have lodged my files with VETASSESS intially hoping for Employer Nomination Scheme. Unfortunately the employer is no longer interested and I have to go through the 190 subclass (my occupation is on the CSOL list).

I have done the following so far:

1. Started the process with VETASSESS initially for Skill Assessment, now also added Point Test Assessment.

2. In the meantime passed IELTS.

I understand that the next step after receiving assessment from VETASSESS is to submit the Expression of Interest (EOI).

How long does it takes to get the approval after EOI and what are the next steps and processing times.

I would greatly appreciate your advise

Title
      Liked
      53 times
      Rep
      My 190 came through within a day of notifying my chosen state of my EOI number. I believe they are quite quick

Title
      Liked
      53 times
      Rep
      It came back as an invite to apply with the link to submit the 190 visa

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep
      If you occupation cap level is not reached for the program year, you will get invitation right away when a state sponsors you

Title
      Head-banger
      Liked
      3426 times
      Rep
      Hi and welcome to PIO,

If you're going for 190 with state sponsorship, SS, then you need to investigate which states are sponsoring your occupation. If you haven't already done this then you need to go to skillselect http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ then open the 'Skilled Workers' tab and then open the 'Invitation and Selection Process' sub heading. In here you will find links to all the individual state websites. They are all set out differently and take a bit of navigating but all the state occupation lists are hiding there somewhere.

After you've chosen the state you wish to go to you then need to apply to that state for sponsorship. They all have different criteria to meet and some charge while other don't. Also some require you to have already lodged your EOI I believe while again others don't mind which order you do the applications in. When you fill out your EOI make sure you only select the one state that you are applying to from the list, don't select more than 1 or just the 'all' option as some states get a bit picky if you have not just gone for them as they see it as you're not committed to moving to them.

You will need your positive skills assessment back before you can apply for the visa and possibly before you can finish your EOI and SS. (Can't quite remember 100% on that last point). You say you've also applied for Points Test with your skills assessment? Do you mean the employment skills points assessment to pass onto DIAC? If so have you paid for it yet as quite often you don't actually need it unless your case officer requests it, normally when you fill out your EOI you can specify your work experience and whether or not it is relevant to your application. As long as you can back up any claims with employers statements, pay slips etc (the same ones you need for skills assessment) then generally the case officer will assess the information and confirm your points. TBH the points assessments seems to be a bit of a scam, the TRA has just hiked it's fees up from $300 to $900/$1100 for the service.

Good luck with it all
      If life is like a box of chocolates, then recently I've been left with the coffee and orange creams.....

Title
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      Hi

I'm at the Visa application phase (last step before Visa Grant) and waiting on a case officer. I began the process in Nov 2012 and this is my timeline:

24.09.12 - First Call with Agent (Eligible for 190 Visa with ACT SS)
      25.09.12 - Decision made. Began collating documents for Application
      06.11.12 - All doc's certified and sent via email to Agent
      06.11.12 - Skills Assessment application submitted online
      15.11.12 - All Hard-copy certified doc's send to Agent in Sydney (£35 delivery charge later!!)
      21.11.12 - All Hardcopies received by VETASSESS, processing begins
      01.12.12 - IELTS results online received
      06.12.12 - Received my IELTS certificate through the post

…and then we waited 16 weeks!

28.03.13 - Skills assessment Negative (Degree is equivalent to Associates not Bachelors as required)
      05.04.13 - Skills Assessment resubmitted (Change in occupation)
      08.04.13 - Positive Skills Assessment received! Decided to change nominating State to WA
      11.04.13 - EOI lodged and WA SS application submitted
      01.05.13 - UK PCC application posted
      03.05.13 - WA State Sponsorship approved (15 working days)
      07.05.13 - Invite received from DIAC to apply for Visa
      08.05.13 - Visa application submitted to DIAC

This should give you a good idea of expected timeframes but bank on no more than 11 months end-to-end if all goes smoothly

C

Title
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      *FYI - I've not gone for my Medicals yet. This takes approx 2 weeks to be done and uploaded to DIAC. Also, I'm still waiting on my PCC, this should come back next week (bank on 2-3 weeks for this)

​C

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by gbuss View Post
      Hi and welcome to PIO,

You will need your positive skills assessment back before you can apply for the visa and possibly before you can finish your EOI and SS. (Can't quite remember 100% on that last point). You say you've also applied for Points Test with your skills assessment? Do you mean the employment skills points assessment to pass onto DIAC? If so have you paid for it yet as quite often you don't actually need it unless your case officer requests it, normally when you fill out your EOI you can specify your work experience and whether or not it is relevant to your application. As long as you can back up any claims with employers statements, pay slips etc (the same ones you need for skills assessment) then generally the case officer will assess the information and confirm your points. TBH the points assessments seems to be a bit of a scam, the TRA has just hiked it's fees up from $300 to $900/$1100 for the service.

Good luck with it all
      Thanks gbus! I have gone by the book with VETASSESS and hopefully DIAC will process my application without any delays. I have paid only about $90 extra for the point test (on top of about $700 for the skills assessment).

Please let me know how long you have waited for DIAC to assess your application after receiving state invitation?

Thank you for the tip with state selection. On my EOI, I have selected all states but because I don't have my VETASSESS assessment yet, the EOI couldn't be submitted (luckily). I will then change it to the one, carefully chosen state.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by claudiodr View Post
      Hi

Thanks claudiodr!

So it looks like VETASSESS process the application much longer that it suggests on their website : 12 weeks . On the other hand, it was Christmas and seems like the application wasn't straight forward. Any way, congratulations and good luck with the VISA.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by claudiodr View Post
      Hi

I'm at the Visa application phase (last step before Visa Grant) and waiting on a case officer. I began the process in Nov 2012 and this is my timeline:

24.09.12 - First Call with Agent (Eligible for 190 Visa with ACT SS)
      25.09.12 - Decision made. Began collating documents for Application
      06.11.12 - All doc's certified and sent via email to Agent
      06.11.12 - Skills Assessment application submitted online
      15.11.12 - All Hard-copy certified doc's send to Agent in Sydney (£35 delivery charge later!!)
      01.12.12 - IELTS results online received
      06.12.12 - Received my IELTS certificate through the post

28.03.13 - Skills assessment Negative (Degree is equivalent to Associates not Bachelors as required)
      05.04.13 - Skills Assessment resubmitted (Change in occupation)
      08.04.13 - Positive Skills Assessment received! Decided to change nominating State to WA
      11.04.13 - EOI lodged and WA SS application submitted
      01.05.13 - UK PCC application posted
      03.05.13 - WA State Sponsorship approved (15 working days)
      07.05.13 - Invite received from DIAC to apply for Visa
      08.05.13 - Visa application submitted to DIAC

This should give you a good idea of expected timeframes but bank on no more than 11 months end-to-end if all goes smoothly

C

Hi everyone and hi claudiodr

claudiodr, can I ask you a couple of questions about your skills assessment(s)? you mentioned that you received a negative response to your first skills assessment application on 28/03 after waiting 16 weeks, but then after submitting a second skills assessment based on a different occupation, you got a positive response back only a few days later... How did that happen so quickly?... Were you able to relate the second application back to the first or did you have to start from the beginning? Were you able to ask Vetassess to use some of the same documentation you'd already submitted? Did you have to pay again?...

I also wondered (a bit off-topic, sorry!) if you'd mind me asking if you can say any more about the reason for the refusal relating to your qualification?... Do you know how you know whether a qualification is going to be accepted as relevant/right level etc?

The reason i ask is that I submitted a skills assessment last august(ish) that was refused and the reason was that my bachelors degree was determined not highly relevant enough to my nominated occupation (project administrator), so I needed 24 months' relevant work experience instead of 12. I am ready to apply again (I think!) but I'm also going to be changing the occupation (to contract administrator). I used to be a project manager then i left my job and studied law for a couple of years, then I started my job doing procurement, managing supplier contracts. I've been in the job 13 months, and due to the time out that i took for my law studies i think none of my previous work experience counts for anything as it was over 5 years ago. And my bachelors degree still won't be relevant enough, so I'm therefore relying on my law studies (ie a graduate diploma in law which included a module on contract law, and a postgraduate diploma in legal practice which included a module on commercial contracts) being highly relevant enough and at a high enough level so that my 13 months' work experience is enough...

a visa agent in his initial free consultation seemed pretty confident that everything would be ok, but I haven't signed up as a client so he doesn't know my case in detail... And given that i already lost however many hundred quid on the first failed skills assessment I'm a bit nervous about submitting another one!!

On the other hand I'm desperate to finally be able to get things moving!! (So if the having already done a previous skills assessment can help hurry things along in any way I'd be so keen to hear about it!!)

​thanks for any helpful hints at all!....

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast