STATUTORY DECLARATION WORDING for use by those in the UK

Guest The.Colebecks

Guest The.Colebecks

I have read several enquiries regarding the Statutory Declaration template and, having had to supply two Statutory Declarations for my TRA (one was due to a company going into liquidation and one for my period of self-employment), I thought it would be useful to supply the template for others to use, as below : -

Statutory Declaration

I, [First Name] [Surname] of [Address] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

I was employed / have been self-employed as a [ job title(s) ] by [Company Name] between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY.

[for Stat Decs regarding employment] I cannot obtain a reference from [Company Name] as they have stopped trading/they have not kept any records regarding my employment.

During my period of employment / self-employment with / trading as [Company Name] I would perform the following tasks and duties on a day to day basis:

[give details in bullet point format]

I used the following tools and equipment:

[give list]

I make this solemn declaration believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Signed: [your signature]

Declared at: [Solicitors Address]

On this [Day] Day of [Month/Year]

Before me,

[solicitors signature]

[Solicitor’s Name, Occupation, Address]

Guest The.Colebecks
Thank you for that. We were wondering how we would go about having to create one ourselves. That's really helpful!

Pleasure :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have read several enquiries regarding the Statutory Declaration template and, having had to supply two Statutory Declarations for my TRA (one was due to a company going into liquidation and one for my period of self-employment), I thought it would be useful to supply the template for others to use, as below : -

Statutory Declaration

I, [First Name] [Surname] of [Address] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

I was employed / have been self-employed as a [ job title(s) ] by [Company Name] between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY.

[for Stat Decs regarding employment] I cannot obtain a reference from [Company Name] as they have stopped trading/they have not kept any records regarding my employment.

During my period of employment / self-employment with / trading as [Company Name] I would perform the following tasks and duties on a day to day basis:

[give details in bullet point format]

I used the following tools and equipment:

[give list]

I make this solemn declaration believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Signed: [your signature]

Declared at: [Solicitors Address]

On this [Day] Day of [Month/Year]

Before me,

[solicitors signature]

[Solicitor’s Name, Occupation, Address]

Guest Julie&Ricky

Dear The Colebecks,

It is good of you to provide a template of a stat Dec for everyone I just wanted to query your Statutory Declaration Act date, as we were informed to use the Australian Governments Stat Dec which is dated 1959.

It can be found on http://www.ag.gov.au.

Let me know what you think, maybe the english version of a stat dec gives the date that you have printed!

Julie xx

Guest The.Colebecks
Dear The Colebecks,

It is good of you to provide a template of a stat Dec for everyone I just wanted to query your Statutory Declaration Act date, as we were informed to use the Australian Governments Stat Dec which is dated 1959.

It can be found on http://www.ag.gov.au.

Let me know what you think, maybe the english version of a stat dec gives the date that you have printed!

Julie xx

Hi Julie

Glad the Stat Dec wording is useful.

We were advised by our agent (GoMatilda) to use the UK one and not the Austalian one - as we were writing the Stat Dec in the UK.

Karen

Guest Julie&Ricky

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your quick response! Our agent (Visa-Go) gave us the Australian date I guess that both UK and Australian Statutory Declarations must be accepted.

Lets hope so I am yet to receive approval from the TRA!

Juliexx

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi Karen,

Thanks for your quick response! Our agent (Visa-Go) gave us the Australian date I guess that both UK and Australian Statutory Declarations must be accepted.

Lets hope so I am yet to receive approval from the TRA!

Juliexx

Good luck with the TRA.

Karen

Guest carla&trev

Hi,

Thanks for that wording, it was really helpful as I was unsure how I was going to tackle the fact that I am struggling to get any references from anyone! My husband has 3 different periods of self-employment to do stat decs for and I only seem to be able to get one reference for the middle period (!) - will this be ok? Whilst we have been in France, he has done a lot of work for one company and they are ignoring me! (Bloody English) :evil: So can I put on the stat dec that they are uncontactable? They are still trading though, just ignoring me. I have got copies of all the invoices we did them week after week whilst he was working for them last year so I could print them off, would that suffice?

Anyway, thanks for the stat dec wording again! Nice to know there are still some helpful people out there!

Carla

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi,

Thanks for that wording, it was really helpful as I was unsure how I was going to tackle the fact that I am struggling to get any references from anyone! My husband has 3 different periods of self-employment to do stat decs for and I only seem to be able to get one reference for the middle period (!) - will this be ok? Whilst we have been in France, he has done a lot of work for one company and they are ignoring me! (Bloody English) :evil: So can I put on the stat dec that they are uncontactable? They are still trading though, just ignoring me. I have got copies of all the invoices we did them week after week whilst he was working for them last year so I could print them off, would that suffice?

Anyway, thanks for the stat dec wording again! Nice to know there are still some helpful people out there!

Carla

Hi Carla

Sorry to hear you've been having such trouble getting refs etc for the TRA - its such a pain in the butt to do anyway without having added hassle :?

Okay, lets see ... I definitely remember reading somewhere that you can do a Stat Dec even if a company still exists but is uncontactable / does not return your correspondence.

You must include with your stat dec a copy of every letter/email etc you have sent to this company them trying to make contact and, if possible, contact one of his colleagues there who could write a statement letter to say that he worked with your hubby, what work they did together and the period they worked together.

Send copies of everything and anything to do with this company. Invoices & bank statements showing any payments from this company should definitely be sent.

Hope this helps Carla. If you need anything further, let me know.

Good luck

Karen x

Guest carla&trev

Hi Karen

Thanks for that advice. I wouldn't have included the emails I have sent, but I will now. After all, I hope they use a bit of common sense when looking through these things and realise that it is unlikely you would lie to that extent? I suppose I know we are telling the truth but do they assume you are guilty and have to prove your innocence?!!!

This application will be about 100 pages by the time I've finished!!!!

Carla X

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi Karen

Thanks for that advice. I wouldn't have included the emails I have sent, but I will now. After all, I hope they use a bit of common sense when looking through these things and realise that it is unlikely you would lie to that extent? I suppose I know we are telling the truth but do they assume you are guilty and have to prove your innocence?!!!

This application will be about 100 pages by the time I've finished!!!!

Carla X

Yep, Carla, basically you are seen by the TRA as being an imposter until you prove yourself undoubtedly to them!

Karen x

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Andrew25

This infomation has taken some stress off me regarding the Statutory Declaration wording, thankyou(i am a new member in the beging status of the proccess.)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived