? enough points/English test - app for skilled visa for district nurse

Guest laddymanc

Guest laddymanc

Hi

More questions! On long term business visa in Melbourne. Want to apply for perm visa. Been here 6 months or so. However, not sure I have enough points since th rules have changed and skillselect has come in where an EOI has to be placed. Started to do this but realised a skills assessment was needed (modified as I am already registered with APRAH). Then thought actually not sure if I have enough points now, always did but not too sure anymore!!

Question, can you take the English test to increase your points score even if you are English as therefore this is not strictly required if you have the points from elswhere? (hope that makes sence!) My problem is I am 40 so my age goes against me. However, if I scored 8 in each cat, this would give me 65 points.

Question again! Which test IELTS or OET? (mentioned in the case of health professionals).

The easiest thing would be to wait until year 2 and see if my current employer would nominate me. Is the skills assessment or English test needed for this does anyone know. Dont really want to waste anymore money on tests not needed.

Thanks

you can do either the IELTS or OET. OET is more expensive, though, by about $200 I think.

I'm not sure about all your qualifications, but if you have 1 year experience here in Australia, you'll get another 5 points. Then if you choose to apply under subclass 190 (through Victoria State sponsorship), that's another 5 points.

If you wait 2 years and your employer sponsors you, then you don't need the skills assessment. I don't know if you still need the IELTS.

Hi

More questions! On long term business visa in Melbourne. Want to apply for perm visa. Been here 6 months or so. However, not sure I have enough points since th rules have changed and skillselect has come in where an EOI has to be placed. Started to do this but realised a skills assessment was needed (modified as I am already registered with APRAH). Then thought actually not sure if I have enough points now, always did but not too sure anymore!!

Question, can you take the English test to increase your points score even if you are English as therefore this is not strictly required if you have the points from elswhere? (hope that makes sence!) My problem is I am 40 so my age goes against me. However, if I scored 8 in each cat, this would give me 65 points.

Question again! Which test IELTS or OET? (mentioned in the case of health professionals).

The easiest thing would be to wait until year 2 and see if my current employer would nominate me. Is the skills assessment or English test needed for this does anyone know. Dont really want to waste anymore money on tests not needed.

Thanks

Yes you can take the IELTS for points and instead of waiting for 2 years. I would advise go for independent visa rather than sponsored visa and you will be free to move any where in Oz. My wife is a RN and sponsored by her employer. As she has been sponsored by she just cant leave the job before 2 years otherwise our visa will get cancelled. But if you have independent visa you are free to move.

...Mansawant