ACS RPL Samples - are they worth buying? (what to do if not).

GetMeDownUnder

Hi, I am fully aware there are numerous threads.

I am looking at trying to find a decent RPL sample to ensure that I am not too far off track. I could buy a sample at rplhelp (£20) but that is the old format.

There is a new format at rpl-it (£29.99 currently) but to me it does not look great (is that really the level required to pass?). I have also seen an old RPL posted on a rival forum and that too looked to be lacking detail which would contradict what I have read elsewhere about the effort required to pass.

Are either of these worth purchasing to give me an insight into how I should lay out the RPL / the level of detail required?

I believe that I should be leaning my writing towards what I have learned instead of what I have done but then I fear that I am almost writing as if answering an exam question on the section.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I bought the older style and it was to too much help to be fair. To be honest I just kept reminding myself that in each section I had to write about what I'd learnt, where I learnt it and how it was applied to my work. My migration agent gave me a template that reinforced that format and I ended up writing 17k words on 6 or 7 sections and getting a positive assessment.

I bought the older style and it was to too much help to be fair. To be honest I just kept reminding myself that in each section I had to write about what I'd learnt, where I learnt it and how it was applied to my work. My migration agent gave me a template that reinforced that format and I ended up writing 17k words on 6 or 7 sections and getting a positive assessment.

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful reply. I was at Bournemouth this weekend as I only live 45 mins away and it is a lovely place to go on a sunny day.

• 2 months later...

Yes. your mistake. nobody charges me money. you are a junior from three years ago and you will be junior even after 10 years, because someone who is simply accuse people will never grow up. Congratulations for your 8 post during the last 3 years. Mathematically, you spent 25% of your posts arguing with me to prove that i am promoting something for someone.

As opposed to spending 100% of their posting time rushing back to defend rpl it . com ?

I see your logic.

Actually, I am now over 90% through my RPL and have 70 points. Thanks for your support.

I only stated facts. You did indeed drag up an old post from 2 months ago, then joined the forum merely to say that the site was great. You then came back and repeated it. Please do not get so touchy about my comments. I will retract my comment. Thank you for doing all of the above and rushing to defend the website. Unfortunately I took another look at the sample and decided that it was pretty poor and I will not be purchasing.

:biggrin:

First, i'm not rushing to defend the website, i just replied to your comments and defending my opinion. but you are right. This was an old post that i didn't pay attention while i was sent my first post in answer to your question. since i personally couldn't write rpl, my intention was to help. I'm not joking, I really appreciate your ability to do the rpl job yourself which was a nightmare to me. I couldn't write it, i had to pay money and that worked for me. It doesn't mean that works for everyone :unsure:. I still believe the rpl that they prepared for me was great:smile: based on the fact that i got suitable letter from ACS.

No worries.

I am sure you can understand why it looks dubious.

Most people struggle with the RPL, join a forum, ask questions, complete the RPL..then never look again.

You have completed the RPL, then chosen to search for RPL and join the forum. I do not know anybody else with that mindset.

I will avoid bumping this up now. Congrats on the RPL. I honestly would expect ACS to approve anything of the quality of that sample though.

• 10 months later...

Hi Mate,

Would you mind sending me your old styled RPL Sample Project report, as it will really help me a lot. Your signature says Tickets booked, going back to UK. Is it for holidays or permanent? :)

Hi Mate,

Would you mind sending me your old styled RPL Sample Project report, as it will really help me a lot. Your signature says Tickets booked, going back to UK. Is it for holidays or permanent? :)

• 8 months later...

btw, based on my experience with rpl-it.com AVOID at any cost!!!

They charge 99 GBP for a useless piece of document and provide no refund policy. The form I received for ANZSCO code 261312 (Developer Programmer) consisted of google translated copy and pasted texts that make no sense, for example:

"Computer memory is the physical device that stores data or programs on a temporarily or permanently in a computer"

I ended up writing whole RPL myself and I have been assessed to be suitable for migration few days later.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Hi Guys,

Old story new person. I need to write my RPL for ICT Business Analyst. Have written most of it. But I keep wondering if I am doing it right as I have got no reference.

Besides new rate for RPL now is £99. Wonder if it worth spending that much.

Can someone help me with an sample RPL.