Time line of proccessing Visa for subclass 189

himali

Hi, I submitted mine on 7th Jan and sorry to say no Case Officer yet, it's been 9 weeks. However, the maximum wait time according to DIAC is 10 weeks, so hoping to hear any day now. On the plus side a couple of people on this site received no contact from a CO at all and got their visa granted after a couple of months, so that's also a possibility. I front loaded my medicals and PCC, I'm not an agent so my advice is meaningless, but I would get your medicals and pcc done asap, as if your medical gets referred you will have to wait longer, so best to start the process sooner. Hope that helps! Vic

Hi Thanks for the prompt reply,Really appeciate it.We have medical reports and Police clearence on hand,Waiting for them to request it from us. :),We are going through an agent,But they were not sure about the time it takes they said it would be 3-6 months,So wanted to plan for the movement based on the time we get the visa,Thanks

Hi, I submitted mine on 7th Jan and sorry to say no Case Officer yet, it's been 9 weeks. However, the maximum wait time according to DIAC is 10 weeks, so hoping to hear any day now. On the plus side a couple of people on this site received no contact from a CO at all and got their visa granted after a couple of months, so that's also a possibility. I front loaded my medicals and PCC, I'm not an agent so my advice is meaningless, but I would get your medicals and pcc done asap, as if your medical gets referred you will have to wait longer, so best to start the process sooner. Hope that helps! Vic

HI Vcosta would you mind telling me how you upload your meds before a case officer is allocated on mine application the arrange your meds button has not been activated

HI Vcosta would you mind telling me how you upload your meds before a case officer is allocated on mine application the arrange your meds button has not been activated

Hi sparkysteve

you say your meds button has not been activated, are you using internet explorer? I only ask as I had problems with internet explorey and when I tryed the arrange meds button I was getting an error message, try using firefox, or logging on on an ipad or iphone, this seems to work better.

The button just appeared one day, but I can't remember how soon after I lodged my visa. It must have been after about 4 weeks, the status of my documents changed from recommended to received on a bunch of documents and then the button appeared. It might be the case that I have a CO and they just haven't contacted me, but if that was the case I should have heard something as I know my medical will be referred as it was graded a B. My medical bit on the evisa still says recommended even though I've had the medical. I'm expecting it to change to referred any day now.

• 1 year later...

Love to read this blog. I have 2 questions:

1) I had lodged my 189 application in last May 2013, did my medical on June 15 2013 and received an email from a CO on July 30 who said that he is satisfied with my application documents and that he will now send my case for external verification. Its Mar 2014 and my police certificate is more than 1 year old now (so i guess its expired). Some one told me that the CO normally replies with a Visa or further requirements within the expiry period of PC/Mediical. Can you let me know if there are any general delays from DIBP’s side nowadays or is there SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT…coz they certainly dont like update requests from applicants? Plz dont mind me asking but …round how much time are these guys taking to process 189 applications nowadays…if you have an idea about times that is??

2) Initially me and my wife were the only applicants. Around 2 months ago we found out that my wife is pregnant. Is there any requirement for this info to be disclosed to the CO (perhaps on any forms) with reference to my existing 189 application? or does that change their course of procedures in any way?