SkillSelect - 3 Occupational Ceilings reached

TeeTMI

The first of the occupational ceilings have been reached.

• Chemical and Materials Engineers
  • ICT Business & System Analysts
  • Electronic Engineers

• Plus Telecommunications Engineering Professionals has reached 80 percent of its occupation ceiling.

Once an occupation ceiling has been reached:

• No further invitations can be issued for these occupation groups until 1 July 2013;
  • States and territories are not be able to nominate applicants nominating that occupation; and
  • An Expression Of Interest in these occupation groups will remain valid for two years from the date it was submitted.

• Electronic Engineers

• Plus Telecommunications Engineering Professionals has reached 80 percent of its occupation ceiling.

• No further invitations can be issued for these occupation groups until 1 July 2013;

• States and territories are not be able to nominate applicants nominating that occupation; and

• An Expression Of Interest in these occupation groups will remain valid for two years from the date it was submitted.

July! Oh nooooooooooo :ssign1:

Hi TeeTMI,

Is it sure that these occupations will defiantely come back or added in the upcoming list of 2014-15 year SOL ?

I wonder as Electronics Engineers reached to fast filling occupation with the availability of 480 seats in this year. This occupation is availble on SOL 1 and SOL 2( Consolated list) also. But currently only WA was sponsering this. ( SA was also nominated applicants but in january they shut down accepting applications against this ANZSCO code.)Its very difficult to say that Elect. Eng. Will be back in WA and SA for 14-15 year.

I suppose that this occupation will remain be in the main list SOL1 but very unsure that this will also be upadated in WA list.

On Second corner . no state was sponsering 233411 ELECTR. eNG. sO IF THIS comes back be avaiable only again in WA.

ICT will definately be back with full seats. Is there any cahnce that DIAC may vary the number of seats in each occupations?

Thank you

Hi TeeTMI,

Is it sure that these occupations will defiantely come back or added in the upcoming list of 2014-15 year SOL ?

Thats a good point! Is it worth not applying for a EOI incase the occupations are not needed on the 2014-15 year SOL and you have paid the money for a occupation thats not needed.

any thoughts as now confused on the best course of action?

Hi TeeTMI,

I wonder as Electronics Engineers reached to fast filling occupation with the availability of 480 seats in this year. This occupation is availble on SOL 1 and SOL 2( Consolated list) also. But currently only WA was sponsering this. ( SA was also nominated applicants but in january they shut down accepting applications against this ANZSCO code.)Its very difficult to say that Elect. Eng. Will be back in WA and SA for 14-15 year.

I suppose that this occupation will remain be in the main list SOL1 but very unsure that this will also be upadated in WA list.

On Second corner . no state was sponsering 233411 ELECTR. eNG. sO IF THIS comes back be avaiable only again in WA.

ICT will definately be back with full seats. Is there any cahnce that DIAC may vary the number of seats in each occupations?

Thank you

I'm afraid the only people who can answer these questions with any certainty are the people who make the decisions i.e. DIAC and the states.

Good luck

Tee

• Electronic Engineers

so does that mean there is no point for me to apply for systems analyst before July 2013:sad:??

so does that mean there is no point for me to apply for systems analyst before July 2013:sad:??

Not necessarily, it just means irrespective of how many points (minimum 60) you claim in the EOI you lodge for a skilled visa from today, you will not receive an invitation to apply before July 2013 for the occupation of systems analyst. Of course, the other factor you have to bear in mind is whether that occupation remains on the Skilled Occupation List post June 2013. If it does, then you may receive an invitation to apply for a visa then.

Good luck!

Jonny

Guest dugles

mateo,

After occupation ceiling you cannot apply for any visa 189/190 till the new SOL will be in effect (from july 2013 as expected). However you must check that either your occupation is listed in new SOL or not. If luckily if your occupation will be in new SOL then you will be able to apply for 189 visa subject to meeting 60 points.

if you are not eligible to get 60 points through independent visa 189 the you must have to follow the route of 190 skilled state sponsered or 489 skilled regional sponsered.

but must check the skilled occupation lists and critreia at that time before applying state sponsership.

Meanwhile before july 1st, 2013 you can submit your EOI. That EOI system will automatic calculate on your points. if you get 60 points that is minimum reuired pass points, then your submitted date is accepted as valid. means you will get high prioirity or invitaion sooner as soon as they uplift that occupation again in.

Before submitted EOI, be very carefull about points your claimed. please check all relevant points and thier criteri by downloading booklet 6 or 11 for GSM.

Best of Luck. I feel that your occupation will be back.

This means that in July 2013 you may need even more points for the occupations that have reached their ceiling. Potentially you could have a backlog of those skills. When the gates open again, DIAC will cream off the highest points again. A 60 pointer may be left again for another year.

As this system continues, it will get more and more difficult to get a visa and DIAC will get people with higher and higher points.

Guest guest76088

It is interested to note that these are quite generic classifications: all the IT guys into the "ICT Business & System Analysts" bucket, and all the non-metal bashing engineers that don't have electricians licence can go in the "Electronics Engineers" bucket. It is no surprise that these quota classifications are reached.

• Electronic Engineers

BigD

I have applied in ICT Business Analyst category in early January with all the necessary docs (Visa is lodged, fee paid, PCC/Medical done). I am just wondering if "reaching ceiling" is effecting the processing time of my application. Please share your thoughts.

Hi TeeTMI,

I works as a System Analyst for one of the software firms in Melbourne. Last Week I applied for EOI and awaiting for the upcoming round on March 18 2013 which is next Monday. Currently Im in 485 TR which is gonna expire in July 11, 2013.

Now I'm worried whether,

• This will effect my application (EOI)?
  • Do I need to wait until July 2013?
  • What will be the chances for me in this upcoming round, If I'm already working under this occupation as (System Analyst) in Australia?
  • If I get an invitation on 1st week of July. Is there will be any enough time to launch an application before my Visa expiry date (With in 11 Days)?

Please advise?

Thanks