Spousal Visa times??

james81

I applied for my 820/801 onshore spousal visa applcation over 8 months ago and ive still heard nothing at all, no case officer assigned etc. How long are people waiting? I emailed them and they said not to bother asking if your application is less than 13 months since application. Wanting to buy a house etc this is holding me up some what!

I applied for my 820/801 onshore spousal visa applcation over 8 months ago and ive still heard nothing at all, no case officer assigned etc. How long are people waiting? I emailed them and they said not to bother asking if your application is less than 13 months since application. Wanting to buy a house etc this is holding me up some what!

I did some reading and 13 months is about the norm.

I'm afraid it really is a case of sitting tight for a bit. The wait time has been about 13 months for a fair while and there is no reason to expect this to change any time soon.

Guest GeorgeD

Offshore applicants get a case officer assigned as soona s teh application goes in,. Usually within a week.

Onshore applicants tend not to get a CO assigned until right at the end of the process. Yes, it seems bizarre, but if DIAC have received your fee and confirmed they have your application, then the process is ticking along just the way it usually does. It's frustrating and infuriating for you...and that's how it works unfortunately.

Guest GeorgeD
you would think it would be the other way round to quickly seperate genuine applications from bogus ones. Oh well, more waiting for us.

A piece of advice someone gave me a while back which I found difficult to take on, but ultimately found great solace in, is this....

Don't try and understand anything about how DIAC works. It just upsets you and makes your head sore.

Unfortunately there isn't much to do except sit and wait :(

Hi James, have a look at the blog on my website just posted today about onshore visa processing times. In my experience in lodging offshore partner visa applications all around the world, it is not actually the case a case officer is assigned straight away, it can sometimes take months depending on which Embassy I am dealing with. In regards to onshore partner visas if you lodge an "assessment ready" application you have more chance of your visa taking less than the 13 months and there are some compelling and compassionate provisions for having your visa prioritised. I lodged an onshore spouse visa for a client just before Christmas which I thought would take quite a while due to all the public holidays, because it was "assessment ready" we received an answer within 4 weeks. This is general information only and not to be taken as migration advice and assistance. If you require professional migration advice and assistance, please contact us directly.

thanks and regards,

Danielle

thx for all the replies, I have submitted everything apart from my medicals as I was advised to submit them immigaration requested them, so when they get my medicals my application should be "assessment ready". As ive been waiting the best part of 9 months now maybe now is a good time to undetake my medicals and forward them to immigration?