Query about applying ACS Skill Assessment

shooterspalace

Dear Friends,

After 2 years, I am now continuing with this forum.

I am now planing to launch ACS Skill Assessment Online Application under the Occupation " ANZSCO Code - 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer " as soon as possible.

So far I knew that All required certified documents have to be uploaded with Online Application and also send the Certified Hard Copy through Courier Service to ACS.

What is the current practice now - Only Online Application or Both Online Application and also sending Hard copy?

Please, anybody reply me.

Dear Friends,

After 2 years, I am now continuing with this forum.

I am now planing to launch ACS Skill Assessment Online Application under the Occupation " ANZSCO Code - 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer " as soon as possible.

So far I knew that All required certified documents have to be uploaded with Online Application and also send the Certified Hard Copy through Courier Service to ACS.

What is the current practice now - Only Online Application or Both Online Application and also sending Hard copy?

Please, anybody reply me.

No Hard copy anymore.. It would be only certified copies of your transcript.. Good luck with your assessment

I have one more query.

During applying online ACS, shall I have to upload my CV, Vendor Certifications copy, 10+2 (Higher Secondary Certificate) certificate and transcript copy along with the Passport, B.Sc. Computer Science certificate & Transcript and Employer Reference letter copy?

Yes, all the documents you mentioned. All the copies have to be certified.

I launched the ACS Online Application yesterday (10-Feb-2013) and register for IELTS Exam for 06-Apr-2013 (General Training Module).

Hi,

Can you explain what documents to be uploaded?

we need to just upload the pdfs of original document ?

What about the charges of assessment ?

As i also have to apply for ACS skill assessment .

What does certified means here ?

go to below link:

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants-1-July-2012-V1.pdf

A document is a certified copy when the original document is photo copied or scanned and is signed by a person authorised to certify documents (authorised person also listed in the pdf)

A stamp is required on the certified copy to signify that "it is a true copy of the original document"

Please read the pdf carefully and all the process is stated here clearly.

If further any confusion, we all are here!!

Thanks,

go to below link:

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants-1-July-2012-V1.pdf

A document is a certified copy when the original document is photo copied or scanned and is signed by a person authorised to certify documents (authorised person also listed in the pdf)

A stamp is required on the certified copy to signify that "it is a true copy of the original document"

Please read the pdf carefully and all the process is stated here clearly.

If further any confusion, we all are here!!

Thanks,

There is one requirement in Employment References :

Description of Duties Performed and there is sample pdf also http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/7570/Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf

Basically the Employment References we got does not contain the Description of Duties we have performed Performed .

As i am software developer ,so document doesn't contain the duties i have performed but it contain that i have worked as Software developer from this time to this time.

So is it necessary for me to go for exact document that they have mentioned in reference example ?

Hi,

Can you explain what documents to be uploaded?

we need to just upload the pdfs of original document ?

What about the charges of assessment ?

As i also have to apply for ACS skill assessment .

1) Work Reference Letter copy from Employer (s)

2) Educational Certificates and Transcripts copy ( B.Sc. , 10+2 (H.S.C) )

3) Passport copy

4) Vendor Certifications and Training Certificates copy (If available)

5) A copy of CV .

All these documents should be certified.

In my case I went to Notary Public and notarized the photocopies of Original Documents. Only I did not notarized the CV because it is prepared by me.

Later, I scanned those notarized docs as pdf file and according submit those.

ACS Assessment charge is AUD 450.

yes, the ACS are very prescriptive on the informaiton required in the reference, they do want your duties to be articulated. They don't allow you to self certify your experience any more but they will allow a manager for example to do so. This is all documented on the ACS site.

There is one requirement in Employment References :

Description of Duties Performed and there is sample pdf also http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/7570/Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf

Basically the Employment References we got does not contain the Description of Duties we have performed Performed .

As i am software developer ,so document doesn't contain the duties i have performed but it contain that i have worked as Software developer from this time to this time.

So is it necessary for me to go for exact document that they have mentioned in reference example ?

Do i need clear the ILets exam before applying for the Skill assessment ?

Do i need clear the ILets exam before applying for the Skill assessment ?

The answer is no. Both Skill assessment and IELTS are 2 seperate streams to claim points on your VISA application.

Skill assessment does NOT have any requirements for IELTS.

cheers,

kubby

Hi, I thought I would put a quick update on this thread as I haven't logged onto the forum since Visa Grant.

ACS are very specific in their requirements so for the reference you need to detail exact dates (to the day) for employment length, full/part time employment and detail your job duties. I did this in about 8 bullet points, I actually wrote it myself and got my manager to sign at the end.

IELTS can be done after the ACS assessment, that's what I did.

Certified docs - Personally I took all my documents to local solicitors, they certified about 30 docs for £10 and they were happy to recertify additional docs for DIAC application FOC.

Good luck with everything, it's a long and painful process but very rewarding at the end of it. I fly out Oz for recci in April, with the intention of fully relocating middle of 2014.

To be safe, I would detail you duties as this is what is asked for.

Thanks mrpailwilson.

I have already a employment reference document but that doesn't contain duties/responsibility that i have performed.

Should i write duties/roles on a paper and got that signed from manager? Is it valid for skill assessment ?

• 3 weeks later...