Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Medical Examination and IELTs Test for RSMS Permanent 187 Visa

HiMe and my wife are currently in WA on a Working Holiday Visa but will soon be lodging a 187 RSMS Permanent visa. We are both from the UK.Does anyone know if we need to have a medical for this visa and if so, should we do the medical before submitting the application or after we submit the application?Also, does anyone know if we are required to do an IELTs assessment?Finally, is a migration agent worth it for this type of Visa or is it easy enough to do ourselves?ThanksJason

PSS International Removals

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      479 times
      Rep
      You don't need to do ILETS but you do need a medical.

When I did it I had to to the medical before submitting the application - so it all went in together - but that was with an agent 'decision ready' if you are doing it on your own I don't think you should do it before you submit, you wait until asked.

Title
      Liked
      3527 times
      Rep
      An agent can really help if your company hasn't sponsored before. It can be a bit tricky. Also, if you use an agent they can submit it as decision ready, which you can't do on your own. In theory this cuts your processing time by maybe 4-5 months. Doesn't always work out that way though.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      any ideas on how much agents cost? we heard $5k. a bit scary.

Title
      Liked
      3527 times
      Rep
      Geee yer, maybe a bit less than that. Get a few quotes and google them as some are terrible.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      can anyone recommend a good agent in wa?

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      479 times
      Rep
      Our agent cost $3k for the whole process I think (the company paid but I'm sure it was that amount).

We used AVP Migration

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1151 times
      Rep
      Well we have just done the 186 visa ourselves, without an agent, it was approved in 5 months from submission to grant. Look up 'booklet 5' on the immigration site. That will talk you through the whole process. If you are a straight forward case, and just submit all the documents appropriate to you off the checklist, then you can easily do it without an agent.

Medicals are to be done in advance (as stated in booklet 5), we then included our booking receipts in the uploaded docs on our application. This provided the case officer with our booking ref, where he/she was able to access the records for that.

You also need to get the police checks done in advance too, and then colour scan and upload.

Basically, for an onshore application everything needs to be front loaded, this will also speed up the process for you considerably. I know we have had ours granted before a lot of others who submitted around the same time, or even before, and I put it down to being organised, getting all the required docs in advance, notarised etc, and making sure we had everything on that checklist necessary.

At the moment the new system is not recognising between DRC and non-DRC (agent submitted or not) so that does not appear to be speeding up the system for anyone. We got notification a couple of months in to say we had been deemed a 'valid application', which we understand to mean that the application had been checked and noted as having all documents present and correct, ready for a case officer to make a decision.

Have you done your skills assessment too? Unless you are on the exempt list, then you don't need one (again, see booklet 5).
      Last edited by Tickled Pink; 04-02-2013 at 03:57 AM.

•