TRA application forms

Guest Woody

Hi,can any one help me?

I'm having trouble finding info and/or application forms to get my skill assessed.I've tried emailing the TRA but no reply as yet. i've also tried going on their web site but it wont respond.

The address i'm using is http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Also finding it hard to determine my trade with description differences.

I'm a kitchen and bedroom installer. I have asked a few friends in Australia and they say it would come under cabinet maker but no description actually refers to what i know it as.

I have no formal qualifications but i assume 17 years work experience should suffice!

Does anyone know what i will need to provide to prove what i do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul.

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi,can any one help me?

I'm having trouble finding info and/or application forms to get my skill assessed.I've tried emailing the TRA but no reply as yet. i've also tried going on their web site but it wont respond.

The address i'm using is http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Also finding it hard to determine my trade with description differences.

I'm a kitchen and bedroom installer. I have asked a few friends in Australia and they say it would come under cabinet maker but no description actually refers to what i know it as.

I have no formal qualifications but i assume 17 years work experience should suffice!

Does anyone know what i will need to provide to prove what i do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul.

Hi There,

Lots of Immigrtion Agents offer one-off free advice, it might be an idea to contact one of them.

Good luck

Kind regards

Karen

Paul,

You could start by searching on the MARA website for registered agents:

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARSearch.asp?DeptID=140

Phil Olsen is a registered agent who posts on this website (do a search for his name), and if you would like to have a chat with us (Go Matilda):

http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#appraisal

Best regards.

Guest Phil Olsen

Alan

Thanks for the mention (and in the other posting!).

Out of courtesy to Tim and the community, I contributed to this site before disclosed myself as an agent until I had cleared what was acceptable. It was at that stage that me providing assessment was agreed to and the boundaries of how I contribute.

I provide assessments on the site, with certain conditions (which I imposed on myself because out of courtesy). One strong one is that the group should be maintained on here and attract people not distract them to other sites.

One of the conditions I believe is important is to maintain the integrity of the community because, as others have rightly said, other sites become bitching grounds and feeding fests for agents which, frankly, does not interest me. I watch a number of sites, which are feeding fests and the intent is clear on those sites with certain agents contributing and 'one upping' other agents with comments.

I am interested in helping the people here, where I can (and not just on migration advice - a number have called me for practical Australia knowledge which I am DELIGHTED to provide where I can - its great to speak with people who are going through what I went through), and sometimes leaving the people to help themselves, because there is good knowledge on the site amongst the participants - that is the whole point of these people assisting each other. My hope is that I can meet the people here when they get to Perth or indeed anywhere in Australia ( I travel to other places a fair bit).

It was out or courtesy I approached the site to be an agent which provides guidance where I can to the community of people on here. Its one of the only ones where the friendliness shines through.

So once again, thanks for the mention

Kind regards

Guest jeffandmichelle

hi woody

i would say definitely use an agent (look above)

even with an agent its still a lot of work, i have a lot of respect for kitchen fitters and bedroom installers as you have to be diverse and good at more than one thing, but dont assume anything, you need to prove with evidence that can be confirmed what you have done in your working life. you will need to provide references from customers, from companies you deal with, from your accountant if self employed and from the inland revenue

you will need to make a list of all the tools you use regularly and how you use them, the history of how you learned your trade and who taught you, a reference from this person would also help.

im a spread solid and fibrous and ive had a mare with my tra so far, mostly because the majority of firms ive worked for have disapeared and ive been unable to get that many references, and you wouldnt beleive what some people are like when you ask for a reference, one company i deal with weekly said contact head office for an application form, i said are you joking, i only want a reference, ive been dealing with you for the past five years not head office, just another reason for me to leave i suppose.

ive got my fingers crossed

but if you can afford it financially use an agent as i think (hope) the tra is the most difficult part

and good luck with whatever you do

Thanks to Alan, i've contacted Phil.

Also thanks to Jeff and Michelle.Great advice,nice to know someone else is going through the same thing!

Good luck with yours.Paul

Archived