Newly graduate Exploration Geologist from UK moved to Oz???

maritte16UK

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum & want to find out more about moving to Oz. we're not moving yet or applying to oz anytime soon as hubby is still in University doing his degree in geology. I just want to find out more about husbands or partner or women that went to apply in Oz using this kind of job. What sort of visa category did you apply? Did you use any sponsor or you can apply independently? Can you bring your family with you using this kind of route (main applicant will be my husband). Or do I need to apply separately? (I'm working as Health care assistant in local hospital for 6 yrs now & I have NVQ level 3). We have a daughter (3yrs) Don't know if that will help me enter Oz.

Were hoping to apply early 2015 as hubby finished Uni that year & I'm aware that people mention from this site that you got to apply early as it can take year or more. (I hope not more than a year!).

i hope someone will enlighten us about this matter. Any advise, opinion or similar experience will be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time reading this.

P.s were interested to move in perth.

regards

Well first off, if you are using his skills/degree as main applicant on a visa then you can't apply before he has completed his degree. They don't take qualifications as completed until all finalised.

It may be worth doing some of your own homework first, this link is very helpful as a starting point, as visa pathways are not generic, and each category has its own distinct criteria. Someone who meets one set of criteria, may not meet another. Once you have an idea what visa class(es) you may be looking at people may then be able to give much more useful advice.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there i am a graduate geologist and i have just returned from Oz . If you guys are under 30 , the most common thing to happen is that people come out on a year long holiday Visa . This allows you to work for a company for 6 months . so you could secure a job from the uk and be working for a company and then they would go on to sponsor you on a temporary business visa 457 . This visa allows for your partner to be sponsored on as well

Just a heads up , the market in Australia just now has taken a bit of a dip . But if your thinking of going for a couple of years then hopefully things will have picked up by then .

Hope this information helps