Visa Processing Times?

chelseacooper

Hello, myself, my husband and our little girl are hoping to emigrate in just over 2 years, was just wondering how long from start to finish does the visa process take? and if it was a sponsered one would that be quicker? just that my husband has to give a years notice for his work and were not sure when to start the process?

Also do you still have 1 year to move after the visa is granted? Thankyou :biggrin:

It really depends which type of visa you apply for.

457 Temp resident visa can be granted in as little as 1 week.

PR visas after your application is lodged can take a 2-3 months, all going well with your application. But you would require a skills assessment which can take 4 months, sometimes more. If you require to sit IELTS, can take few weeks to get test date, and if dont get score required need to sit it again. Then with the new system if you go for state sponsorship it can take 8-12 weeks to get answer. If waiting for invitation based on your points, there are 2 rounds of invitations per month.

PR employer sponsored are taking quite a while just now, dont think anyone had been granted on of the Skill select PR visas yet.

Best thing to do is to run your case past a registered migration agent, to see which visa is best suited to you.