Financial Investment Advisor Migration Group

gtaark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have. I got a positive result from VETASSESS for Financial Investment Advisor, and launched an EOI a few weeks ago. Since then I haven't heard any news...I think the plan is just to wait for someone (who needs a Financial Investment Advisor) to see my profile on the website and sponsor me. What about you?

For which state have you submitted the EOI? I think after submitting the EOI, you have to submit an application to that state.

I also have an approved skill assessment..just waiting for my IELTS results...then I will lodge the EOI.

Good to know that you are on the same job nomination :)

Yes I have. I got a positive result from VETASSESS for Financial Investment Advisor, and launched an EOI a few weeks ago. Since then I haven't heard any news...I think the plan is just to wait for someone (who needs a Financial Investment Advisor) to see my profile on the website and sponsor me. What about you?

• 1 month later...

I submitted the EOI for New South Wales. It didn't say anything about having to submit an application to the state of NSW, can you show me the link where it says this? :S

But I'm not sure if anything is going to materialize. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the finance game (as we see it in Europe) is anything BUT lacking professionals. There are so many people looking for finance jobs, what with the rounds of firing and entire departments being shut down. Even when I was interviewing in Sydney they mentioned how hard it was to find a finance job these days. I still really hope the EOI works out, but I'm very aware of the possibility that absolutely nothing will happen, that our EOIs will just be launched and no one will EVER contact us...

What are your views?

I submitted the EOI for New South Wales. It didn't say anything about having to submit an application to the state of NSW, can you show me the link where it says this? :S

But I'm not sure if anything is going to materialize. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the finance game (as we see it in Europe) is anything BUT lacking professionals. There are so many people looking for finance jobs, what with the rounds of firing and entire departments being shut down. Even when I was interviewing in Sydney they mentioned how hard it was to find a finance job these days. I still really hope the EOI works out, but I'm very aware of the possibility that absolutely nothing will happen, that our EOIs will just be launched and no one will EVER contact us...

What are your views?

For NSW you will have to apply to them for sponsorship. They won't just scan through EOIs and select candidates.

For NSW you will have to apply to them for sponsorship. They won't just scan through EOIs and select candidates.

Ok, so I've been searching online for almost an hour trying to do this.

What do you guys mean by saying I "have to apply to them", do you mean that I have to launch another EOI for NSW only, or do you mean that I have to apply to specific jobs?

Thanks Mattybe and Raj for the info, and Raj I read your link. Guys, thanks for your help.

But I'm confused as to whether I can actually take action and apply to anything. It says on Raj's link: "Skilled Nominated 190 visa: This visa requires nomination by a State or Territory Gov't to the DIAC".

Looking further into this 190 visa, on http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/ , it says:

"Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:

- submit an Expression of Interest and be nominated"

I had submitted an EOI (an ENS, 186) to Australia as a country, stating NSW as the state I'd like to work in. This 186 visa is explained on SkillSelect website as "If you do not have an employer who will nominate you, you can lodge an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. Employers and state and territory governments can then view your details and decide whether to nominate you for skilled migration."

I did this 2 months ago. From them onwards I haven't heard anything. I have definitely NOT received any letters with invitations in them. What do you guys think ?

Ok, the 186, yes you can have an EOI and if you are very fortunate an employer may choose to nominate you. May happen, may never happen.

Your occupation - Financial investment advisor - 222311 , is on the CSOL list - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

So you can submit an EOI for a 190 for a state to sponsor you. 222311 is on the NSW nominate occupations.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/25147/Revised-Occupations-Sponsored-by-NSW-2013.pdf

However, you must apply to NSW directly and ask/apply for sponsorship

Look here :- on "How to Apply" - http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-sponsored-migration

So, you have your EOI on, subtype 190, with NSW as your nominated state. You then apply to NSW and give them your EOI number. If they look at your application and decide to nominate you , then you will receive an invite to apply for a 190 subtype.

Any clearer ?

Take aprint of all the 4 forms and attach all the relevant work papers and other copies and attach a DD of AUD 300. Send the papers to NSW office address. It takes about 10-11 weeks for processing and once you nominated by NSW, you will get an invitation by DIAC for visa 190.

I submitted all the forms and documents in November 2012 and m waiting for the outcome. Hopefully i should get the approval by next week.

Hello Raj..Hopefully will send next week..certifying all the documents this week..

Whats your status now with NSW SMP?? I heard they have delayed their processing time from 4 to 6 weeks to 10 to 12 weeks now...i have to get ready for lots of waiting..as they are flooded with applications.

Hi gtaark.....have u also applied under Financial Investment Advisor....to NSW?????

Hi gtaark.... well as for my status....thy r still processing all november applications....so hopefully by this week or next week i should have the outcome......and yeah the new processing time is 10 weeks.....they r flooded with applications plus christmas time and all added to thir work load.....

so u applying from india????

No..I am applying from Qatar, however I am from India...Plz do keep in touch on your progress..thanks.

What about you? Have you applied from India?..

Hi gtaark.... well as for my status....thy r still processing all november applications....so hopefully by this week or next week i should have the outcome......and yeah the new processing time is 10 weeks.....they r flooded with applications plus christmas time and all added to thir work load.....

so u applying from india????

Hi, I am also applying for this role. I started 4 months ago and waiting to hear back from Vetassess. By the sounds of it, everything sounds positive going from your responses. The agency I am using is putting me through the 190 visa, heading to Perth. I have been told that I have 55 points, with the ielts results I should now have 65 and then hopefully go wait for the EOI. Are you guys looking to do the RG146 financial planning exam to operate in Aus?

Koool.....u mite hear from vetasses soon....they usually take 4 months to respond......Perth??? does perth have Financial Investment Advisor????.........RG146 financial planning????is it compulsory to give this exam? whts the duation of the course? whr do i get more information on this??

Sorry to inform but WA has reached its cap for Financial Investment Advisor. At the moment the only option is NSW...Good Luck!!

Hi, I am also applying for this role. I started 4 months ago and waiting to hear back from Vetassess. By the sounds of it, everything sounds positive going from your responses. The agency I am using is putting me through the 190 visa, heading to Perth. I have been told that I have 55 points, with the ielts results I should now have 65 and then hopefully go wait for the EOI. Are you guys looking to do the RG146 financial planning exam to operate in Aus?