Visa 190 - Medicals

jbb

Hi,

I have been invited to apply for 190 visa. I have not yet submitted my application. I am concerned about how the medicals are done?

My height is 5 feet 11 inches i.e. 183 cms and I currently weigh 99 kgs which makes me fall in the obese category. As I researched on the internet and see that according to my height my ideal weight should be about 83-85 kgs. Also my BP normally has always been in the range of 140/150-90/100.

I have never had any medical problems in the past and neither do I have any problems at the moment as well (that is what I feel, unless the medical reports shows otherwise).

With the above facts do you guys think that this will impact my medical reports and if there are any chances of getting my visa rejected?

I would appreciate anyone who can provide some idea on what and how the doctors interpret things as costly treatment and threat to the AUS public medical system?

Regards,

JB

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't think you will have any problems at all, I think I have read on here numerous times people getting visas with quite serious illnesses, hopefully someone else will have experience of this and give you an answer, best of luck.

I don't think you will have any problems at all, I think I have read on here numerous times people getting visas with quite serious illnesses, hopefully someone else will have experience of this and give you an answer, best of luck.

Thanks Ropey for those encouraging words. Since the visa invitation is valid for 2 months I was thinking of using the next one month to try to reduce at least 5-6kgs that would bring my BMI to less than 30 and make me fall under Overweight category. BTW I am 37 yrs old and have time untill Nov 10th to apply for the visa.

I hope there are others who can share their experiences about the medical tests.

Hi,

I recently had my medicals for a 175 visa; I'm borderline overweight/obese. I'm 6'3" and 18 stone. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, as I'd gotten down to 17 stone, but spent the two weeks of the olympics watching sporting excellence whilst eating a load of rubbish food (trying to bring balance to the force!)

Anyways...the Dr was quite happy, and my medical status has progressed to finalised, without me hearing anything else. Fingers crossed...

hi jbb,

Whats ur score when u applied for 190 including the points awarded by the state and from which state u r nominated?

Can u mention ur occupation also

Hi Naseefoz,

I have not yet applied for the 190 visa as I am waiting for some documents to be arranged. I have been sponsored by NSW and I got the sponsorship in just 6 days. My EOI has a claim of 70 points and my ANZSCO code is 262113 (Systems Administrator).

Which ANZSCO have you applied under and when do you plan to apply for the 190 visa?

Hi Naseefoz,

I have not yet applied for the 190 visa as I am waiting for some documents to be arranged. I have been sponsored by NSW and I got the sponsorship in just 6 days. My EOI has a claim of 70 points and my ANZSCO code is 262113 (Systems Administrator).

Which ANZSCO have you applied under and when do you plan to apply for the 190 visa?

hi jbb,

My ANZCO trade is 323412. Toilde hard for the skills assessment as you can see my signature below.

Huge sigh of relief after I received a positive assessment last week.

Then I submitted my EOI the next day and applied for the WA SS.

Now waiting for communication from CO