190 or 489 visa HELP!

traceyandedd

My OH has just submitted his EOI, for a 489 visa where he earned 65 points, but he could have also gone for a 190 permenent visa on 60 points, has he done the right thing going for that visa with the higher points in thinking the more points you have the better the chance of an invite or does it not matter..... we would have prefered the 190, but reading the forum it looks like the 489 is going thro quicker and we want to be out there ASAP!

Any advice is appreciated

Traceyandedd...Xx

Hi All,

When filing for the Visa application, in the 'Non-migrating dependent family members' section, I see a question

'Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not

Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?' -

Can I include my parents? Does it make a difference if I include or not include them?

I am under the impression that if we include them and if we want to sponsor them in the future, it will be easy.

Any thoughts?

Hi Tracey,

As per the current situation, 190 and Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme are the visas are getting invited quickly compared to the other visas.

The only problem with Subclass 489 is it Regional Sponsored and may be problematic since the applicant has to work in remote areas.

Hi Tracey,

As per the current situation, 190 and Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme are the visas are getting invited quickly compared to the other visas.

The only problem with Subclass 489 is it Regional Sponsored and may be problematic since the applicant has to work in remote areas.

Hi Thanks for that,

we have just applied for SS-Victoria-190 so fingers crossed.