Long Stay Busines Visa Application

Guest COB54K

Does anyone know if we can travel to Australia on a Tourist visa and then apply for our Temporary Business Long Stay visa while in Australia?

My partner has a job offer from an Australian Company who have submitted an application to sponsor both of us to come to OZ - We are now just waiting for them to give us a TRN number in order for us to submit our application. However we are due to fly out of the UK on 2nd December! Therefore if we are allowed, we would rather apply on arrival to OZ on a Tourist visa and then apply to stay while in OZ? Any ideas/comments???? Thanks

Hi I believe you can. I am in Australia on a Working Holiday visa and in the process of applying for my PR on top of that my current company may be looking to sponsor me on a 457 and I spoke to immigration this morning and they said that there will be no negative impacts on any applications, so I guess you could apply that to your case?

Good if someone could confirm?

Hi

I called immigration and they have comfirmed that we are able to travel to Oz on a tourist visa, we can even lodge our application for the Business Visa before we leave the UK if we are in a position to do so without any problems. There is also no need for us to leave and re-enter oz if/when the visa in issued. Our only problem now is that we have one way flights booked which is not allowed on a tourist visa!!! The airline told us to book a flexible return and then cancel it when we arrive. What a waste of time!!!!

Anyway, will be boarding a flight to Perth this time next week! (We're moving to Adelaide but visiting Perth and Sydney first) Can't wait!

Brian

Archived