time taken to get from medicals to visa approval?

Guest gypsygirl

Guest gypsygirl

Hi, :D

We have just received the requests for medicals, so we have booked to have them done all in one day(xrays, bloods and med exam) for the 21st of November.

We would like to hear from anyone out there who can give us an estimation of the time it takes from the medicals (ONCE SENT OFF) to a final decision? based on experience. :?

THANX !!!!

Guest angela bourne

Hi gypsygirl,

Just wondered how long it took from applying for your visa to getting your medical request?

Cheers,

Angela x

Guest gypsygirl

hi,

ours took 4 weeks approx- visa application to med requests however some people are not waiting for the request but i guess its down to the advice from the agent if you have one. :roll:

Guest angela bourne

4 WEEKS!!! thats amazing! what visa have you applied for? We applied for ours (136) on 29th september and have completed meds and police checks unrequested but we have been told by our agent that it could take 6 months to get visa!! :(

Angela x

Guest gypsygirl

its not been fast at all

4 weeks -thats from visa application to the DIMIA and not at the start of the whole process from asscessment !

Guest jackie1

HELP ! ! !

What are we doing wrong?

We sent off the application for SIR visa on 13th May, received on 17th. Heard nothing since. Still waiting, waiting, waiting.

Sent off the meds 2 weeks ago unrequested, waiting for pc to come back and then will send those off.

Migration agent says to stay calm :twisted:

HA ! WE ARE CALM :evil: :evil: :evil:

Intending to phone processing centre soon.

Jackie

Guest jackie1

Hi Zoe,

Feeling normal again today, I think I was just having an off day. Sometimes it just feels like we're getting nowhere.

But all is happy again now after the little rant :D

How are you getting on? Heard anything yet? I'm sure they won't be much longer, fingers crossed.

Jackie

Guest kkenney

Hi,

We had our full medicals done and sent off on 9th November, we have not had them requested yet though. We sent off our visa application in August.

We are applying on 139 - Skilled Designated Area Visa so are hoping that it won't be long until we hear something as apparently this visa is processed quicker than the skilled independent.

I'll keep you updated on when we hear something.

If you want to check on timelines of visa applications go to austimeline.com.

Guest BrerRabbit

:D hi jackie, glad to hear you're all ok and got over your off day!! The waiting is really painful but I'm sure we'll both get there soon...... :D

Guest gypsygirl

Hi Jackie,

I think that waiting since May is a little too long for an SIR medical request, what profession are you going under?

M

:wink:

Guest jackie1

Hi

I am a primary school teacher.

I phoned Adelaide Processing Centre on Tuesday night but no luck. They wouldnt tell me who my case officer is (or even if I had one) but just kept saying to go back to my migration agent.

Phoned the migration agent on Wednesday, he just shouted at me, told me off for phoning Adelaide and said I must never phone the processing centre again ! ! ! Things are staring to smell a little fishy.

On Thursday night I phoned the migration advisor at Adelaide City Council who I spoke to about a month ago. She says she has contacts with DIMMIA and has asked me to email her my file reference number and timeline. She believes things have taken longer than they should and she may be able to help.

I emailed and faxed everything to her on Friday.

Looking at the austimeline, everyone else who applied for an SIR in May and even June now have their visa.

Fingers crossed things will start to move soon. Good luck with yours.

Jackie

Guest gypsygirl

all the best,

dont forget the agent works for you and you are intiltled to ring them any time, after all its not a cheap service!

keep your chin up :wink:

ma

Guest jackie1

Thanks.

We have told DIMIA to just deal with us and cut out the migration agent. I have been on the phone to Adelaide every night this week and we are finally getting somewhere. On Thursday we received an email inviting us to apply for an SIR visa (the migration agent told me he had applied for that in August). I quickly sent back the aceptance (by post and fax). On Saturday we received the police checks back (day 38 ) so immediately dashed down to the post office to post and fax those also.

Life is looking rosy. Thanks for your support it really helps.

Jackie

• 1 month later...
Thanks.

We have told DIMIA to just deal with us and cut out the migration agent. I have been on the phone to Adelaide every night this week and we are finally getting somewhere. On Thursday we received an email inviting us to apply for an SIR visa (the migration agent told me he had applied for that in August). I quickly sent back the aceptance (by post and fax). On Saturday we received the police checks back (day 38 ) so immediately dashed down to the post office to post and fax those also.

Life is looking rosy. Thanks for your support it really helps.

Jackie

I hope that you will be getting some serious answers form your agent and not paying for this as it would appear that they are not doing their job (to put it mildly). Are they registered with anyone? If so I would be looking at making a complaint about the lack of service.

Nicky

Guest jackie1

I had an email from Adelaide Processing Centre on 7th December to say that they were currently assessing SIR applications from 1st November and our application had been registered with them on 30th November. We thought this meant that they would be assessing our application about 5 weeks after 7th December (plus another couple of weeks to take Christmas into account). We are hoping (finger crossed, toes crossed, everything crossed...) that we should be hearing something from them by the end of Jan.

With this news we did have chance to relax a little and enjoy Christmas but I have begun to check my emails every morning again and the stress is starting to build again. Oh well. Trying to stay calm.

It is lovely to hear other people's good news and that they are getting their visas.

:)

Jackie

Archived