Has anyone got any advice with regard to a 187 Visa?

My husband has been offered a job in WA and his potential employer is a Regional Sponsor, they have suggested that a 187 would be the best way forward opposed to a 457.

We are very happy to apply for a 187 as it's Permanent unlike a 457.

Any information with regard to the process, pitfalls, timescales, general stuff would be very much appreciated :wub:

Hi Leilabelle, glad we're not the only ones, I can't find any other Posts regarding a 187 Visa. Our Sponsor has only just got Regional Sponsorship approval and he said it has taken him ages and it's been very complicated. He's employed other Poms but on 457 Visas, when he suggested we go over on a 187 we were really pleased as that's Permanent.

Where are you planning to move to? Do you have a timescale?

We are going over to WA on 6th Aug for a couple of weeks to look at schools, jobs for me, houses etc and we will see our Sponsor and get the paperwork moving so we should find out alot more then, I'll keep you updated.

Best of Luck, C

The 187 visa was only introduced 2 1/2 weeks ago - so you are not going to find any timescales.

Before 1 July Decision ready RSMS applications were taking about 1 month - non-decision ready 4-6 months.

But your employer will have alot of paper work to sort out the nomination for the job etc.