• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Referred to medical officer of the Commonwealth!

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep

Referred to medical officer of the Commonwealth!

I have just found out that my medical has been referred to MCO! As far as I know I am fit and well with no
      Past medical history. My husband is the main applicant for 457 and has passed his medical. We both work in healthcare so had to have blood tests , chest xray etc... Does anyone know why this could be and how long the delay is likely to be?

Title
      Liked
      4181 times
      Rep
      My husbands was refered at the end of may. He has some scaring on his lung from a recent chest infection (so his gp told him from an xray just before his medical). They have huge backlogs at the moment and his medical STILL isnt back. They told us Tuesday that it had just been posted out...

Title
      Living the Dream In Perth
      Liked
      778 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      Mine was referred due to my weight, don't worry if it was something major you would of been told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Thanks for replying.
      Did you get told the reason for the referral? I have no idea and now my imagination is imagining allsortts!
      Blossom 79 - so do you reckon it is taking about 2 months at the moment for processing?
      Do you have to have further medicals/ doctors reports?

Title
      Liked
      4181 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrightx6 View Post
      Thanks for replying.
      Did you get told the reason for the referral? I have no idea and now my imagination is imagining allsortts!
      Blossom 79 - so do you reckon it is taking about 2 months at the moment for processing?
      Do you have to have further medicals/ doctors reports?
      Hubbie phoned up and they told him it was the xray which was being refered. They have been pretty helpful really on the phone, calming him down, telling him not to panic etc. His medical finally arrived back today. He didn't need any more tests, it was just a case of a dr looking at his xray and ticking that it was nothing serious. So 31st of may until 13th of July. However, they told us they hadn't been overly busy when we went for our meds. I am guessing it could take a bit longer for ones done in June.
      Try not to panic.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Same problem...any useful contact details???

My wife and I also both work in healthcare and are applying for a 457 visa. My wife's medical requirements have been finalised whilst mine were "referredy" on 18th July. We are both fit and well and I confirmed with the panel doctors in London that there were no issues. We are due to fly out to Melbourne on 2nd August for my wife to start work on 6th so this latest revelation is causing a lot of angst. The Melbourne visa centre of excellence handling our case are unable to advocate on our behalf about the medical side of the visa which is processed in Sydney.
      Does anyone have any useful contact details that I can use to try and chase this along?
      That would be very much appreciated.
      Many thanks,
      Chris

Title
      Gone fishing
      Liked
      4944 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by cgw52 View Post
      My wife and I also both work in healthcare and are applying for a 457 visa. My wife's medical requirements have been finalised whilst mine were "referredy" on 18th July. We are both fit and well and I confirmed with the panel doctors in London that there were no issues. We are due to fly out to Melbourne on 2nd August for my wife to start work on 6th so this latest revelation is causing a lot of angst. The Melbourne visa centre of excellence handling our case are unable to advocate on our behalf about the medical side of the visa which is processed in Sydney.
      Does anyone have any useful contact details that I can use to try and chase this along?
      Many thanks,
      Chris
      I think maybe you need to investigate looking into changing your flights, in the past a couple of weeks for a referral was normal but sounds like that is extended now. I dont think there will be much you can do to move it along, there is a queue.

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      [QUOTE=cgw52;1935902924]My wife and I also both work in healthcare and are applying for a 457 visa. My wife's medical requirements have been finalised whilst mine were "referredy" on 18th July. We are both fit and well and I confirmed with the panel doctors in London that there were no issues. We are due to fly out to Melbourne on 2nd August for my wife to start work on 6th so this latest revelation is causing a lot of angst. The Melbourne visa centre of excellence handling our case are unable to advocate on our behalf about the medical side of the visa which is processed in Sydney.

Hey i am in kinda a similar situation to your self...i had my medical referred to the MOC in Sydney around the 8th of June.I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks to be finalized. when i rang back a few weeks later they told me that there is no time limit on the processing because of the massive back log.they told me only my case officer can put a request to speed things up.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      How do you find out the reason for referral. My agent doesn't know and the case officer says she doesn't know either!

Title
      Living the Dream In Perth
      Liked
      778 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      That's because they don't. Something was obviously flagged for it to be referred. If it was that bad you would be notified sooner rather than later. If you have no known conditions and are generally healthy try not to worry.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast