Health Checks for 186

jakc

I did my health checks about 3-4 weeks back and have the results for both myself and my partner sitting on my desk in paper form (unopened from Medibank, went to the Melbourne center).

The original plan was to lodge an 856 in paper form to IMMI.

I was unable to lodge an 856 as my Police Checks are still in transit from Australian Federal Police.

Looks like I now have to lodge a 186 instead of a 856.

As part of the requirements for a health check for an 186, looks like the health check results need to be done with eHealth

"The online system known as eHealth is used to process your health examination results."

How does this affect me? I am hoping I do not have to pay out for 2 medical again with Medibank?

Thanks, although I believe that link is an old one?

- it goes on to mention 856 visas (now not available) further down the page.

I am sure that when I was going through my application last night, it sent me off to a page for eHealth?

Can anyone confirm that for a 186 visa, what the process is for letting them know about your health checks?

How will IMMI know about my health results?

Thanks, although I believe that link is an old one?

- it goes on to mention 856 visas (now not available) further down the page.

I am sure that when I was going through my application last night, it sent me off to a page for eHealth?

Can anyone confirm that for a 186 visa, what the process is for letting them know about your health checks?

How will IMMI know about my health results?

856 visa stopped taking new applications on Sat - it is only Wed!!

186 visa can be applied offshore and onshore unlike the 856 visa which was onshore visa.

Panel Doctors use ehealth - not applicants.

The information has not changed for onshore applicants - it is still on the DIAC site

"If you do not complete your health examinations electronically the completed reports will usually be sent to the department by the examining doctor. However, if you are in Australia, MHS may give you the results in a sealed, double yellow envelope to give to the department.

Important: You must not open the sealed envelope or you may have to redo your health examination(s)."

Edited by lebourvellec

• 1 month later...

Lodged my 186 on the 5th July, had all documents on the checklist uploaded by about the 15th.

IMMI told me on the phone that the medicals I did a couple of weeks prior to lodging would be ok.

However, ive recieved no update on my visa other than a quick auto-response when i lodged it.

Will ring them back tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

ENS 186 - Direct Entry

Am I right in assuming that you lodge an application online ONLY AFTER which you get a reference # to do your medicals?

E.G. Student eVisa, you lodge your application. A Medical form gets PDF'd with your reference number which you then take to the approved centre. They will either send your results to the Migration Agent or yourself.

Thanks