Occupation ceiling announced

walkwater

Occupational ceilings has now been put up on skill select.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

I see that for the Accountants, the quota is capped at 10,440 for 2012-13, while 14,623 visas were granted to Accountants in 2011-12 under skilled category.

Seems like there will be some competition for Accountants to get the visa this year.

Edited by walkwater

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occupational ceilings has now been put up on skill select.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

I see that for the Accountants, the quota is capped at 10,440 for 2012-13, while 14,623 visas were granted to Accountants in 2011-12 under skilled category.

Seems like there will be some competition for Accountants to get the visa this year.

wheres the exact link for this please? does it mention occupation ceiling caps for OTHER occupations?

780 for arcraft engineers! and 840 for geologists, though my wifes job doesnt count! thats a bit strange, only want 840 geos, but get extra through the back door!

why does any country need 14000 accountants! all they do is ruin companies!!!

There are occupations on that ceiling list that are not on the SOL List? Confused.com.

Hi Lorraine

Yeah this means only occupations on the sol can apply for independent and family sponsored visa, the csol list is for all state or employer sponsored visa's only.

Regards Lorraine.

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for that. What is the SkillSelect list then? There seems to be a wide range of occupations on there, clerical/admin assistant for instance. I am asking because I could then claim 5 points partner points which would bump our points up. I appreciate that I would need to sit IELTS and go through Vetasses, but it cannot be any worse than what we have gone through already!!!

Lorraine x

Yeah this means only occupations on the sol can apply for independent and family sponsored visa, the csol list is for all state or employer sponsored visa's only.

I think it's more the fact that there are occupations on the Ceiling List that are not on the SOL OR CSOL list - like office manager / bricklayers and stonemasons. I am very confused.

Guest yafetberhe

Sigh, I'm officially screwed. I've got 65 points and I entered my EOI with my ID in the 3000s. I've been assessed as an Electrical Engineer. What wants to guess how many EEs have already applied?

With a ceiling of 1260, my chances are nill. I should've submitted a 175 when I had the chance! :no:

9000 for Electricians which is one of the highest numbers I can see on there but I don't think it will take long to achieve that number?

Not sure what to think about that.

I'm also not sure what to do - whether to place our EOI or whether I'm supposed to wait to hear back on our state sponsorship first?

Any advice would be appreciated.

When can we lodge the EOI?

Thanks

9000 for Electricians which is one of the highest numbers I can see on there but I don't think it will take long to achieve that number?

Not sure what to think about that.

I'm also not sure what to do - whether to place our EOI or whether I'm supposed to wait to hear back on our state sponsorship first?

Any advice would be appreciated.

When can we lodge the EOI?

Thanks

Hi Fowler, which state have you submitted the sponsorship application for and when did you submit? If its Victoria, you will get the invite on approval of the sponsorship by Vic.