Discounted Air-Tickets for Immigrants Through IOM (International Organization For Migration)

Guest wasifsaleem

Guest wasifsaleem

Visit the website of IOM:

http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/pid/1820,

Email IOM office: osu@iom.int

If you do not receive the email response from OSU then include their Head office email i.e. hq@iom.int :-).

They will connect you to your local office. Call them and asked the ticket information.

As per my experience "If you will buy the ticket from IOM they will give you 20% discount in the air-fairs per ticket and each passenger will be allowed to carry 40Kg luggage without extra charges".

So you can email them and they will connect you with your local IOM office and I am pretty hopeful that they will guide you accordingly. And as you know luggage carrying limit is mentioned on the ticket therefore airline can not lie you.

You can get this discount through IOM and they will give you the bookings for Emirates Airlines. There are two en-routes:

-Dubai-->Melbourne

-Dubai-->Singapore-->Melbourne

preferably most of the tickets are booked for Emirates Air lines, this one time facility is for all the family members either they are flying together or separately.

If you consider this information worthy for your exception please "Rate This Thread" and click on "like" ....cheers :)))

Edited by wasifsaleem

Guest wasifsaleem
Thanks for this info Wasif I had never heard of it before and will definitely look into it!

You are most welcome...:)) I will definitely share the other Airline name as I will confirm....

Guest wasifsaleem
Thanks for this info Wasif I had never heard of it before and will definitely look into it!

I have just confirmed, IOM offer discounted flights with Emirates only.

We used them for a family of five and we flew Birmingham to Dubai and then on to Brisbane. We travelled here in January and at the last minute had to change our flights as mother in law took ill and they were very helpful in changing our flights.

I got a quote from them too and it was more expensive than Singapore Airlines direct and I'd rather go via Singapore than Dubai. Using Skyscanner and similar websites come out 10% cheaper than SIA direct too.

Hi, we are hoping to go in January and found decent flights via skyscanner with Singapore Airlines. Do you know if booking through skyscanner you still get your extra baggage allowance?? Or do you need to book directly with the airline?

Thanks

Leah

Hi, we are hoping to go in January and found decent flights via skyscanner with Singapore Airlines. Do you know if booking through skyscanner you still get your extra baggage allowance?? Or do you need to book directly with the airline?

Thanks

Leah

I don't think it matters. Just email Singapores UK office attaching your visa grant and they will reply confirming it, just print this email and take to check in just in case they don't accept the unvalidated visa when they scan your passports.

Justin.:wink: