Pre-grant notification

Piewie

My family and I have today been granted a Skilled Independant 175 visa. Or rather because we are in Australia already on a 457 we have been given a pre-grant notification. This means we have to leave Auz for about 2 weeks and then return. Has anyone done this before? Where is the best place to go? Any assistance greatly appreceiated.

Timeline: Applied online 8/12/2011, CO allocated request for further info,medicals etc 14/05/2012,Medicals done 04/06/2012 some of the documents submitted 9/6/2012, Medicals submitted 13/06/2012, outstanding docs, penal clearance submitted 18/6/2012 (late PM), Pre Grant received 9:40am.

I think adelaide team2 immigration Rules.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest karankadam
My family and I have today been granted a Skilled Independant 175 visa. Or rather because we are in Australia already on a 457 we have been given a pre-grant notification. This means we have to leave Auz for about 2 weeks and then return. Has anyone done this before? Where is the best place to go? Any assistance greatly appreceiated.

Timeline: Applied online 8/12/2011, CO allocated request for further info,medicals etc 14/05/2012,Medicals done 04/06/2012 some of the documents submitted 9/6/2012, Medicals submitted 13/06/2012, outstanding docs, penal clearance submitted 18/6/2012 (late PM), Pre Grant received 9:40am.

I think adelaide team2 immigration Rules.

Hi. I am in a similar situation. I received a Visa pre-grant letter. I am currently in the US (I am the primary applicant). However, currently my wife is working in Australia and according to the pre-grant letter if either applicant is in Australia, he/she needs to depart Australia and provide itinerary/flight details to the CO. I have some questions -

1. How long does my wife need to leave Australia for?

2. Can she come visit me in the US and does she need to visit an Australian embassy in the US to have her Passport stamped or something of the sort? I am not sure about the process.

3. What is the purpose of her leaving Australia? (She is currently on a Temporary Residency Visa there. Recently moved to TR from Bridging Visa)

4. Where can I get details about this on the immigration site? (immi.gov.au)

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me out here.

1. Your wife will require to leave Australia for at least about 3-5 days enough time for the visa to be granted

2. Yes she can come to the US - visas are electronic therefore no visa label should be required - sometimes you need to confirm with an overseas embassy that you have left Australia so that the can grant the visa

3 You have applied for an offshore visa - therefore all applicants MUST be offshore for the visa to be granted - when you re-enter AUstralia this validates the visa. If your wife does not go offshore and visa granted onshore - the visa will be void.

Guest karankadam
1. Your wife will require to leave Australia for at least about 3-5 days enough time for the visa to be granted

2. Yes she can come to the US - visas are electronic therefore no visa label should be required - sometimes you need to confirm with an overseas embassy that you have left Australia so that the can grant the visa

3 You have applied for an offshore visa - therefore all applicants MUST be offshore for the visa to be granted - when you re-enter AUstralia this validates the visa. If your wife does not go offshore and visa granted onshore - the visa will be void.

Thanks for your help lebourvellec! I was only wondering if my wife will have any trouble re-entering Australia. Would be grateful if you can answer these questions -

1. She already is on a TR. When she re-enters Australia, does it void the earlier Temp residency visa (TR)? I'm just asking to ensure there are no conflicts.

2. Visa labels are needed for providing proof when applying for jobs etc. Where can she get this label? Will it be stamped on her passport when she re-enters Australia or does she need to get the label in the US from an Australian embassy?

The grant of the PR will over ride any other visas. - Therefore whatever visa she has applied for that she is currently on a bridging visa for whe will have to withdraw her application after get PR grant.

Employers can check VEVO for visa work rights - but a Visa Label can be gotten at any DIAC office in Austalia.

Edited by lebourvellec

Guest karankadam
The grant of the PR will over ride any other visas. - Therefore whatever visa she has applied for that she is currently on a bridging visa for whe will have to withdraw her application after get PR grant.

Employers can check VEVO for visa work rights - but a Visa Label can be gotten at any DIAC office in Austalia.

Awesome. Thanks a ton!

• 1 month later...

hi all,

i am going to bangkok in sept for the visa evidencing process, can anyone outline this process please? the info on my pre-grant letter is a bit difficult to understand.

from the above comments, i will not recieve a stamp or print in my passport, correct? if this is the case, is the only reason for me to visit the DIAC office to prove i have left aus?

ta

We are in the same boat - here in Melbourne on a 457 and having to leave to get our PR visa granted.

We were sent a list of places by our agent that have Australian missions - it is recommended that you go somewhere that has one but if you go onto the government website it says that visas are now granted electronically. Most places that you would consider visiting will have one - we've picked Fiji for a week's holiday which is long enough according to our agent.

We have to respond to our agent (who will in turn contact our case officer) within 28 days with our travel plans. We can foward our booking email with flight numbers etc and that is enough. As far as I am aware we don't have to go the mission at all whilst we're away.

New Zealand might be an option if you don't want to go too far - we visited Auckland in June and it was lovely.

You might want to google "Auckland shuffle". Most people just hop over to Auckland since it's nearest. You don't need to get a visa label but I strongly recommend it. It makes getting a drivers license, Medicare card, bank accounts etc so much easier. WA transport is notorious for not issuing drivers licenses if no visa label is in the passport, they simply ignore the grant letter. Once in Australia it costs you to get a visa label at a DIAC office, overseas it is free at the high commissions.

• 1 month later...

As you have received your visa pre-grant notice at this stage, pick up the phone and call the human beings at DIAC they can be very helpfull. As the visa's are all electronic now (I never ever had my e457 stamped in my passport) and I have managed all sorts since I got here except you cannot get finance for a period longer than your visa validity. I changed my Pom drivers licence to an ACT one and then when anyone asks for your id you are free to use your drivers licence. On return from NZ I had no problem changinging my Visitor Medicard to a Green Medicard and all they wanted was a copy of my visa grant . I did however decide when in NZ that I wanted the visa label for prosperity reasons so I paid the money and we all have it in our passports. No it is not FREE. The process of going to NZ was as simple as walking down the street.

We pre booked our flights and let DIAC know they said they looked ok. We confirmed the flights and paid the money. We left on a Wednesday very late arrived in NZ around midnight. We prebooked a hotel in Auckland on the top of the hill. The next morning at around 10am we went walked to the place (they had just recently moved) so we were re ditected to the building one block down. There we sat in the que for 15 min. Handed in our passports paid the money. That evening around 7 the email arrived in my yahoo box with the Grant notice. We went next day at 10am fetched our passports and job was done. We could have caught a flight back the that evening but we were booked in so we stayed around for another week.

Our case was very simple and could have been done a lot quicker but we were happy to rather be safe than sorry so we allowed a bit more time and it was all good.

Like I said before the DIAC immigration people did a great job and the system worked really well. But one should always build in a little leeway for just in case. Plus Auckland is a very friendly city and they have great seafood.

As you have received your visa pre-grant notice at this stage, pick up the phone and call the human beings at DIAC they can be very helpfull. As the visa's are all electronic now (I never ever had my e457 stamped in my passport) and I have managed all sorts since I got here except you cannot get finance for a period longer than your visa validity. I changed my Pom drivers licence to an ACT one and then when anyone asks for your id you are free to use your drivers licence. On return from NZ I had no problem changinging my Visitor Medicard to a Green Medicard and all they wanted was a copy of my visa grant . I did however decide when in NZ that I wanted the visa label for prosperity reasons so I paid the money and we all have it in our passports. No it is not FREE. The process of going to NZ was as simple as walking down the street.

We pre booked our flights and let DIAC know they said they looked ok. We confirmed the flights and paid the money. We left on a Wednesday very late arrived in NZ around midnight. We prebooked a hotel in Auckland on the top of the hill. The next morning at around 10am we went walked to the place (they had just recently moved) so we were re ditected to the building one block down. There we sat in the que for 15 min. Handed in our passports paid the money. That evening around 7 the email arrived in my yahoo box with the Grant notice. We went next day at 10am fetched our passports and job was done. We could have caught a flight back the that evening but we were booked in so we stayed around for another week.

Our case was very simple and could have been done a lot quicker but we were happy to rather be safe than sorry so we allowed a bit more time and it was all good.

Like I said before the DIAC immigration people did a great job and the system worked really well. But one should always build in a little leeway for just in case. Plus Auckland is a very friendly city and they have great seafood.

Wow! Glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Praying things will work out for me too. I applied for a Visitor visa on Friday (don't have any visa at the moment as my Bridging Visa B expired in October, and need to re-enter Australia, to get the final grant...it's the pain of an onshore applicant going offshore). Just trusting that the High Commission won't give me a hard time, as when I tried to apply for the visitor visa in February just after I was assigned a CO, they refused, because I did not provide evidence that my 885 visa application was nearing completion. I spoke to the visa processing officer, temporary entry section (same one I spoke to in Feb) and this time round he gave me the go-ahead to apply for the visitor visa (of course I sent him a copy of the pre-grant notification). So now just waiting for the visitor visa, then can book a flight back, let my CO know when I will be returning to Aus, then wait for the grant.

Thanks for the heads up though Piewie. Good thing is that I'm not new to Australia at all. Went to Perth in July 2002, studied at ECU for both undergrad and postgrad, and lived and worked there for 9 years, until May last year, when I moved back home. Hope you're enjoying yourself there now...or are you in NZ?

• 1 year later...

Hi! Am new to this forum. Received pre grant last month after 6 years for Skilled migration. Am main applicant and have 3 dependants . As it was an offshore application, does it mean all of us have to enter at the same time for visa to be granted? Am at a dilemna as one dependant is studying in OZ while the rest of us are offshore. Due to hectic study timetable for the dependants am not sure if entry can be made at the same time. Would appreciate some advise on this please. TQ

Hi! Am new to this forum. Received pre grant last month after 6 years for Skilled migration. Am main applicant and have 3 dependants . As it was an offshore application, does it mean all of us have to enter at the same time for visa to be granted? Am at a dilemna as one dependant is studying in OZ while the rest of us are offshore. Due to hectic study timetable for the dependants am not sure if entry can be made at the same time. Would appreciate some advise on this please. TQ

the dependant living/studying in Oz is the reason why you got a pre-grant letter. that person needs to leave Oz for a while, then you will get your grant. I do think the primary applicant needs to come back in first though before said dependant can come back to oz... or you can come back with said dependant.

As per other dependants, they dont all need to enter at the same time. as long as it is the same time as, or after you enter.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my visa granted yesterday despite one dependent being onshore..been trying to log into Vevo to check but kept encountering error. Tried to call local mission office but have been getting an automated reply. Hoping for CO to reply quickly to book tickets to enter before dateline. Anyone know if the visa grant number is shared among applicant and dependants or are unique to each family member? TQ

first of all, you gave me my 100th like (awesome)... :D

i believe every applicant has a unique grant number. possibly even sequential but definitely different.

Congrats on your visa grant.

Got my visa granted yesterday despite one dependent being onshore..been trying to log into Vevo to check but kept encountering error. Tried to call local mission office but have been getting an automated reply. Hoping for CO to reply quickly to book tickets to enter before dateline. Anyone know if the visa grant number is shared among applicant and dependants or are unique to each family member? TQ