Help, Only two days time-frame to apply for 856 and get bridging visa

Guest gordan

Guest gordan

Hi everyone,

On 28th of June I will fulfil condition of "have worked full-time in Australia in the nominated occupation for the last two years prior..." for my 121/856 application.

My current 457 visa expires on 1st of July. So technically I have only two working days (28th and 29th) to submit my application and get bridging visa.

Is it possible to get bridging visa within two days? Anyone else had such a short time-frame to apply and get bridging visa?

I'm planning to send my application a day or two earlier so that it can be in Parramatta on 28th. My employer already logged nomination application.

Thanks.

If you apply before your current visa expires then you will get the bridging visa when the 457 expires.

It is all very tight though, I wouldn't want to be doing this, can you apply for a new 457? I know it is a cost, but still..

Hi everyone,

On 28th of June I will fulfil condition of "have worked full-time in Australia in the nominated occupation for the last two years prior..." for my 121/856 application.

My current 457 visa expires on 1st of July. So technically I have only two working days (28th and 29th) to submit my application and get bridging visa.

Is it possible to get bridging visa within two days? Anyone else had such a short time-frame to apply and get bridging visa?

I'm planning to send my application a day or two earlier so that it can be in Parramatta on 28th. My employer already logged nomination application.

Thanks.

hi there as long as ur application get there before ur current visa expires ,,u going to be all right and bridging visa A will be granted ,,,,

i submitted my RSMS application on same day my previous visa expired ,,it was Friday so technically i didnt have any visa for sat and sun ,,on mon bridging visa A was granted ,,,as long as immi have ur application on hand before ur previous visa expires u will be all right

Guest gordan

Thanks a lot for replies guys.

pkb84, that sounds very promising, I was hoping I'll get reply from someone with similar experience. I'll call DIAC next week anyway, just to confirm everything.

Thanks again.

Guest gordan

I called DIAC today and reply was quite useful, and it's exactly as pkb84 wrote.

Basically, first they explained the procedure; every letter/application they receive is opened and stamped the same day, and then sent to appropriate office according to the type of the application.

After that it may pass a few days until someone from that office gets the application and, if it's valid, approves the bridging visa.

Now, the important part is that the bridging visa is backdated, starting with the day they received and stamped the application.

This means that technically I can be without visa for a few days but, according to the person I spoke with, that shouldn't be a problem because bridging visa is granted with the day they receive the application.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gordan

After all my application was accepted but not without small complications and a few stressful days.

If I had to do it again, having only two days time-frame to apply and get validated, I would even consider flying over to Sydney and lodging the application in person.

Luckily it all went fine. Thank you all for replies.