FBI police check

phillllip

Hi,

I just lodged my application for 175. I lived in the US from 2002 to 2004 and in Bulgaria /my home country/ since 2004. It says that I need to pass a FBI police check because I lived for more than 12 months in the past 10 years. I also have to wait to be told by the CO /who I'm waiting to be assigned, it takes several months/ to get these police checks. Do you think I can do this FBI police check in advance, becasue the waiting period is 2-3 months?

Some Cat 4 applications have been receiving CO very quickly lately (there is a Cat 4 thread running), if it is going to take a couple of months to come through it may be worth applying when you get them, I think there is alot to do with the FBI Checks like finger prints.

Hi,

I lodged my application for skilled 175 visa on march 17th and was surprised to have a CO assigned to me on may 28th. I was under the impression it takes about 6mths to get a CO for 175 visa.

It totally caught me off guard and now she is asking for more documents. If i knew i would have gotten a CO this quickly i would have already applied for my FBI police check. The case officer says i have 28 days to upload all required documents and i still have to request my FBI check, which will no doubt run over the 28 days. So somehow i am hoping i will get an extension for this, because it is out of my control. I hope to send off my application to the FBI by mid next week.

Hi,

I lodged my application for skilled 175 visa on march 17th and was surprised to have a CO assigned to me on may 28th. I was under the impression it takes about 6mths to get a CO for 175 visa.

It totally caught me off guard and now she is asking for more documents. If i knew i would have gotten a CO this quickly i would have already applied for my FBI police check. The case officer says i have 28 days to upload all required documents and i still have to request my FBI check, which will no doubt run over the 28 days. So somehow i am hoping i will get an extension for this, because it is out of my control. I hope to send off my application to the FBI by mid next week.

DIAC realize that it can take 2 months or more to receive the results of a FBI check, so I wouldn't worry about that -- just let them know when you have sent in the application to the FBI.