Transferring 457 Visa to new employer? Time duration?

dunesurfer

Does anyone know the approximate time it takes to transfer a 457 work visa, from one employer to another?

Both are in the same line of job.

Both companies in the same state.

Too many variables to give a definitive answer.

• Is the new company already an approved 457 sponsor?

• Will the application be lodged electronically?

• Will the application be decision ready?

• Where will it be processed?

• What is the salary?

Based on personal experience my “457 transfers” are taking anywhere between 1 day to 2 weeks.

Guest The Pom Queen
Too many variables to give a definitive answer.

• Is the new company already an approved 457 sponsor?

• Will the application be lodged electronically?

• Will the application be decision ready?

• Where will it be processed?

• What is the salary?

Based on personal experience my “457 transfers” are taking anywhere between 1 day to 2 weeks.

Thanks Raul x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjg1980

HI, I'm also it the same situation. I was made redundant and finished work with my sponsoring employer as of December 16 2011. However, I managed to find a similar role with a competitor company who have submitted a nomination application. Here are my timeframes so far:

29 December 2011 - company Sponsorship application submitted

23 January - sponsorship application approved

27 January - nomination application submitted online

And I've heard nothing since the nomination was submitted, but it has only been just over a week. I'm hoping I'll hear something this week as I don't have a TRN yet. fingers crossed!!

Sarah

• 1 month later...

Same question really - currently on a 457 with company a, and have been offered job with company b

They weren't 457 approved so they're going through that first, then will apply to transfer my visa.

Been 5 weeks - any ideas how much longer it should be?

The company I manage has recently employed a 457 worker. this is the time line that is took us.

5 weeks for the company to be approved 457

3 weeks to get the position approved.

The employee is already on a 457 in australia and his stuff was put in at the same time as getting the position approved, he starts next week.

We used a very good agent that had it all correct first time.

I originally came on a 457 and it took 5 months because the employer did not use an agent and thought he knew what he was doing, it was like ping pong.

I think it does depend on the application being correct and obviously you don't have to use an agent just have to know what you are doing.

I recently went to a mining exhibition and immigration were there. I spoke to the lady and she said that from june (I think) it will be easier to change from a 457 to PR as you will be able to use existing documents provided for your 457 visa.

Hope this helps

Martin

• 1 month later...
Hi,hope fully I will be moving to Perth shortly on a 457 visa,what is the duration and chances of becoming pr?

Chance doesn't come into it. Do you qualify for a PR visa? It is impossible to answer that as all we know about you is that you are coming over on a 457 visa.