Doubt for IELTS in South Australia GSM List

jyotikhtr

Dear All,

I have a doubt in IELTS requirement in South Australia GSM List.

Corresponding to my ANZSCO Code 262113 - Systems Administrator, this is mentioned - "* See IELTS explanation section above"

Below is the IELTS Explanation Section.

IELTS Explanation:

Some assessing authorities may have a specific IELTS score that applicant must meet in order to obtain a positive skills assessment.

See link to DIAC website for information on Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI) - http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/

All applicants must provide a copy of a valid IELTS test result with their supporting documentation, unless they hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland, (these passport holders only need to provide an IELTS test result if the special requirement for their occupation is 7.0 or higher). This IELTS test score must be less than two years old at the time of sponsorship decision.

Some occupations have additional requirements that you must meet in addition to all other sponsorship requirements. If there is no special requirement listed you are required to meet the threshold requirement of 6 in each band for sponsorship.

Now, since I do not have 7 bands in each IELTS sections - L-9 || R-7.5 || W-7 || S-6.5

and

have 65 points (assuming I will get State Sponsorship from South Australia) required for DIAC.

AGE 30

Work Experience 15

Qualification 15

Sponsorship 5

For sake of information, I have never been to Australia and have 5+ years of experience as an IT professional and have got my ACS skills positive.

Am I good to apply State Sponsorship from South Australia and then apply 176 Skilled Sponsored VISA ?

Please suggest. Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

No, you don't qualify for SA sponsorship. If you look at the "Special Conditions Apply" section of the SA website, you'll see that those special conditions are that you have studied in SA - as you've never been to Australia, you can't meet this criteria.

For information, there are only 2 states currently sponsoring Systems Admins without these conditions - NSW, and NT. NT require proof of $50,000, and NSW require IELTS of 7 in each category and at least 5 years work experience in that occupation.

The IELTS guidance you mention is because some skills assessment bodies require a minimum level of English ability as part of your skills assessment - Legal professions, for example. The ACS don't have that, but individual states might (as NSW do).

HTH,

Vince

• 2 months later...
Guest kapilkhera2005

Dear Vinny1275,

Please clarify my doubt related to IELTS requirement in South Australia GSM
(
http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php
)

Corresponding to my ANZSCO Code 263213 - ICT Systems Test Engineer , with High Availablity this is mentioned -
"* See IELTS explanation section above"

Below is the IELTS Explanation Section.

IELTS Explanation:

Some assessing authorities may have a specific IELTS score that applicant must meet in order to obtain a positive skills assessment.

See link to DIAC website for information on Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI) -
http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/

All applicants must provide a copy of a valid IELTS test result with their supporting documentation, unless they hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland,
(these passport holders only need to provide an IELTS test result if the special requirement for their occupation is 7.0 or higher)
. This IELTS test score must be less than two years old at the time of sponsorship decision.

Some occupations have additional requirements that you must meet in addition to all other sponsorship requirements. If there is no special requirement listed you are required to meet the threshold requirement of 6 in each band for sponsorship.

Any applicant (offshore or onshore) relying on Australian work experience to meet the minimum work experience requirement will not be eligible to apply unless at least 50% of this has been achieved in South Australia.

Sponsorship approvals are valid for 60 days from the date of approval. There will no extensions (unless there are extenuating or compelling circumstances that are unforeseen AND beyond your control) and if the request is made before the approval expires. If a Sponsorship approval has expired, applicants will need to submit a completely new Sponsorship application. They must meet all criteria (including any new requirements) at that time.

Now, since I do not have 7 bands in each IELTS sections -
L-7.5 || R-6.5 || W-7 || S-6.0

and

have
points (assuming I will get State Sponsorship for
Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)
from South Australia) required for DIAC.

AGE 30

Work Experience 10

Qualification 15

Sponsorship 10 point for Subclass 475 (
)

For sake of information, I have never been to Australia and have 5+ years of experience as an ICT Systems Test Engineer and have got my ACS skills positive.

Am I good to apply State Sponsorship from South Australia and then apply
VISA ?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

To be honest - I've no idea. The OP has a different ANZSCO code (the same as mine, which is how I knew I, and he, wasn't eligible for state sponsorship). Look at the State migration plan, and see if it has the special conditions next to your occupation. If so, you will not be eligible for sponsorship, as you haven't studied in SA. It has nothing to do with IELTS.

HTH

Vince

Guest kapilkhera2005

I have opened this link http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

There are no special conditions next to my occupation.

It shows High Availability and next to that it states *See IELTS explanation above (Refer to below mentioned info)

Does it mean that I need in 6.0 each band ?

[TABLE=class: orange tiny_text, width: 4]

[TR]

[TD]263213[/TD]

[TD]ICT Systems Test Engineer[/TD]

[TD=class: avail high, bgcolor: #73FF73, align: center]High availability[/TD]

[TD=class: extra]* See IELTS explanation section above[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 1 year later...
I have opened this link http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

There are no special conditions next to my occupation.

It shows High Availability and next to that it states *See IELTS explanation above (Refer to below mentioned info)

Does it mean that I need in 6.0 each band ?

[TABLE=class: orange tiny_text, width: 4]

[TR]

[TD]263213[/TD]

[TD]ICT Systems Test Engineer[/TD]

[TD=class: avail high, bgcolor: #73FF73, align: center]High availability[/TD]

[TD=class: extra]* See IELTS explanation section above[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Kapil can give me your e-mail address, I have filed ACS under the same job code. I wanted to check with you some details. Please.