I have read all the interesting facts on Partner visas on this forum and am confident we have relevant evidence I just have a query with regard to the 12 month requirement and whether it is continuous or total?
An approximate time line of my status is below:
All up we have therefore been together 16 months but I was away for 4 of those so does that count as 12 total or does it have to be continuous 12 months? This is obviously quite hard with visa restriction/types - I am currently on an ETA and they only last 3 months so will have to look at leaving in Feb and maybe flying back but this just becomes a hassle as we have our application in order now!
- August 2010 - de facto relationship started
- [11 months living together in defacto relationship]
- July 2011 - Nov 11 - returned home due to visa expiry but remained in contact with partner (older mother also had operation so I was also looking after her rehab and have a doctors certificate)
- [4 month physically apart]
- Nov 11 - present - Arrived back in oz and living with defacto partner again.
- [2 months living together in defacto relationship]
From my research/understanding it is to be a total of 12 months and includes the previous 12 months from application. We are in NSW so we could register our relationship as I also understand this allows DIMIA to bypass the 12 month rule although you still have to have the relevant information/evidence also!