I'm new on here but have been reading many forums from you guys and I must say thank you all so much for the info you give. I've learnt so much about moving to Oz.
Myself my husband and my 3 children (18,15,and 13) would love to get the chance to move out to Perth.
My husband is in the Building industry and has been offered a job with a sponsorship on a 457 visa. However our employer has never sponsored before so we are still waiting for his approval, which is taking so long ! It's 11 weeks now is this normal? It's driving us all mad because we're in complete limbo. We can't plan anything.
We're not sure if it's our employer that's holding Immigration up or Immigration holding him up, I know that he said to us they're asking for an awful lot of info from him a lot more than he anticipated!
What would be the reasons they wouldn't approve his business please? He is a small building company that hasn't employed many people before, he has mainly used sub contractors. But he wants to expand to a larger business with my husband who is a bricklayer by trade but has experience in project managing large projects.
We have 2 dogs to consider and we were hoping to fly out before the changes to the quarrantine from 1st Jan. I have them booked in for December because I thought this process would be completed by now ! Just don't know what to do whether to cancel this booking in case he gets refused.
My oldest daughter is 18 and needs to plan Uni if we don't go she needs to apply in the UK by Jan, and if she goes to Uni in Perth I think they start in Jan !
I managed to get my other 2 kids into school over in Perth too again they were suppose to start in Feb. Now I'm not sure whether any of this is going to happen! Arrrgghh
Any way sorry to ramble on but any advice would be great. Thank you in advance