WA 176 State sponsorship proof of funds

Ferrisian

Hi I would really appreciate it if anybody could give some advice on the below. This morning I received approval for state sponsorship for western Australia however one of he condition set out is that I bring $120k with me to cover relocation costs. This amount will not be a problem once my house sale completes however currently I do not have this amount of money in a account. My question is do the DIAC require proof of the $120k qt time of lodgement or is proof required on entry to WA or is proof even required at all.

Many thanks

Hey,

I have just had my state sponsorship come through this morning and it states $20k, they do not ask for proof and they do not have a connection with centerlink, once you are in your in unless you are on a 475 or the likes which means when you apply for permenant you will have to prove where you worked for 12 out of 24 months

Can somebody please advice me how much money do we have to show for 2 dependants and 1 main applicant???And how can we show thode money..? Is it becassary to have a bank statement or can we show our assets like god property or car????

Please suggest...

they ask you to bring with you what you put on your application form, in our case we put $120k i know of others who put $40k and that was on their letter. I would estimate $20,000 for the first adult and then $10,000 per person on the application would be enough.

There has also been a case on here where WA asked the person to recheck as they had not put enough, its not cast in stone.

they ask you to bring with you what you put on your application form, in our case we put $120k i know of others who put $40k and that was on their letter. I would estimate $20,000 for the first adult and then $10,000 per person on the application would be enough.

There has also been a case on here where WA asked the person to recheck as they had not put enough, its not cast in stone.

There are 3 of them in my sister's applic and WA requires 25k for the main then 30k for the 1st and 35k for the 2nd dependent.

Its confusing...What if they cannot arrange to get this much amount?Do they cancel the sponsorship or what?

There are 3 of them in my sister's applic and WA requires 25k for the main then 30k for the 1st and 35k for the 2nd dependent.

Its confusing...What if they cannot arrange to get this much amount?Do they cancel the sponsorship or what?

Who is giving you this information ?

You can only really be expected to estimate the amount you will bring as situations change but fortunately you do not have to show any evidence of having the cash (other states may be different)

Who is giving you this information ?

You can only really be expected to estimate the amount you will bring as situations change but fortunately you do not have to show any evidence of having the cash (other states may be different)

:) Realy?? Well correct me if i am wrong...Do u mean to say that we donot need to show them the proof of funds prior to the state sponsorship as part of their required documents?? ???

Because other states like SA and NT want the proof of funds with the other documents ...

Hi,

I thought I would be honest and I told them I would have $20k for 3 of us and I have been granted state sponsorship.

Dansdad is correct in what he says it doe state that but I think the wording is they would like you to have certain amounts,

Just shows though 20k for 3 and its accepted

Jem

I thought I would be honest and put down a conservative amount of money that will be freed up during the sale of my house. My only concern was if our pending house sale fell through or we opted to rent out our property in the UK we would not free up the amount if cash specified. Would this then stop us moving out to Oz.

:) Realy?? Well correct me if i am wrong...Do u mean to say that we donot need to show them the proof of funds prior to the state sponsorship as part of their required documents?? ???

Because other states like SA and NT want the proof of funds with the other documents ...

I thought I would be honest and put down a conservative amount of money that will be freed up during the sale of my house. My only concern was if our pending house sale fell through or we opted to rent out our property in the UK we would not free up the amount if cash specified. Would this then stop us moving out to Oz.

We have put what we "should" have following the sale of our house, cars etc.

Yes other states do need proof which is why we decided to apply to WA (among other reasons) as we don't have those funds in the bank.......yet !

Don't worry too much if you don't have what you stated, it won't be verified but obviously you have signed an obligation to bring those funds in order to support yourselves.

Once you have the sponsorship and then your visa I don't believe they can revoke the visa over this as your obligation is to the state not DIAC.

Good luck !

When we applied we showed we researched how much stuff would cost to relocate, flights agent fees etc, then how much equity in house/savings we had etc.

Wrote down we had x amount of dollars to support ourselves through the above means.

They didn't check as it was all tied up in the house and shares.

Guest RobynT84

I would just like to say a BIG BIG THANK YOU to everyone on this thread... you have really put my mind at ease after weeks of stress over how much funds to put.

We've just submitted our WA SS application yesterday morning and after much too-ing and fro-ing decided to be honest and have stated $37-39 (excluding relocation costs i.e. flights, freight, apartment bond etc). This is for myself and my huisband, so no dependants.

Thanks to the helpful information on this thread I am feeling muich more positive :yellow_guy_smiling_

Hi,

I thought I would be honest and I told them I would have $20k for 3 of us and I have been granted state sponsorship.

Dansdad is correct in what he says it doe state that but I think the wording is they would like you to have certain amounts,

Just shows though 20k for 3 and its accepted

Jem

Do u mean that it is a moral obligation and not legall????

Just to have our sides safe ...right?

You meant that you did not have that much amount of funds even if you freed up that property???

We have put what we "should" have following the sale of our house, cars etc.

Yes other states do need proof which is why we decided to apply to WA (among other reasons) as we don't have those funds in the bank.......yet !

Don't worry too much if you don't have what you stated, it won't be verified but obviously you have signed an obligation to bring those funds in order to support yourselves.

Once you have the sponsorship and then your visa I don't believe they can revoke the visa over this as your obligation is to the state not DIAC.

Good luck !

You're right...

Chardy we hav not yet files for the state sponsorship...

Want to have a complete information so as to lessen down any probability of rejection....I hope state sponsorships donot get rejected very oftern...That is what i hope for....

Do u think that SS can be approved or rejected just on the basis of proof of funds??

Don't worry too much if you don't have what you stated

What do u mean by stated?? Just to write down that yes we have x amount of money with us and no need to prove them by shoing some liquid money or bank statements etc????

Once my house sale is complete all being well free up an amount that is greater than this. However I decided to be prudent and put down a conservative amount. For example just in case my current buyer pulls out and I have to reprice the house to get a quick sale. My original question was to cover potential eventualities such as deciding to rent my property put and not freeing up the equity.