176 Sponsorship and Proof of Funds?

Hello,

I'm waiting on the SA sponsorship, they said I just need to prove I have settlement funds when I arrive.

All of the other states seem to state the opposite, that I need to prove I have the funds before I apply?

Is this the concrete truth or am I missing something?

Many Thanks.

Guest guest59177
Yes they are telling the truth (why would they lie about their own application proceedings? :S) you only ever have to self declare with SA.

(SA SS received July 2011, 176 received Sept 2011)

Sorry if I am re-asking the same thing, but are you saying there is no need to supply bank statements to SA to show the funds have been sitting in the bank for 3 months? Also, is it true that SA requires $25000/- as the minimum amount for a single person and $5000 per person for each dependent?

Sorry if I am re-asking the same thing, but are you saying there is no need to supply bank statements to SA to show the funds have been sitting in the bank for 3 months? Also, is it true that SA requires $25000/- as the minimum amount for a single person and $5000 per person for each dependent?

Yes, yes and yes. We gave no proof at all at any time to anyone. We couldn't have as we didn't have a penny of the money we said we are taking with us at the time we lodged (and were granted) SA SS.

We said we had $50,000 to take with us. In truth we will actually only arrive with about $35,000 at best, but I was a tad optimistic on how much we would sell things for and so on - but its more than enough for our plans and we've done all our sums so we are happy bunnies an confident that all will be well and we won't be destitute and begging on the streets (well, not for a few months anyway lol).