Question about skills assessment and years of employment

oidara

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what exactly the skills assessment people say when they give their verdict? Do they just say "Yes, you're a ....teacher/programmer/plumber" or do they also say how many years of work experience they consider you to have had in that profession?

Thanks!

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what exactly the skills assessment people say when they give their verdict? Do they just say "Yes, you're a ....teacher/programmer/plumber" or do they also say how many years of work experience they consider you to have had in that profession?

Thanks!

Depends on the assessing authority and how far they have stuck their hands in your pocket.

The authority is ACS.

Take a look at their FAQs.

As a rule they assess enough work experience to satisfy their requirements.

This is from the decision record of a recent DIY applicant who was refused a visa:

The fact that you were able to obtain a favourable skills assessment as a System Designer (ASCO 2231-13), is not evidence in itself that you have been found to have performed the full range of skills for this position. The task of determining whether you have performed the duties required to satisfy the work experience requirement rests solely with the decision maker from this Department, based on documentary evidence of employment.

If you consult a registered migration agent for an opinion, at worst you will be able to complain to thee OMARA if s/he is wrong.

All I can see in the FAQs is that they don't award points, but I can't see whether they give a statement on how many years work experience they deem you to have had. Am I missing something?

I know that they need to take into account your years of experience to come to a decision, but I am just wondering what information the actual results letter contains.

Bit of a worry that someone can fail, despite the positive skills assessment...