Is "Off list" occupations on new SMP of South Australia - now considered as Cat 3?

Nata27

Dear All,

I just noticed that my occupation have showed up on the recent SMP of SA as "off-list" occupation. ( i have received SS back in 2009). Does it mean that SA finally treated all applicants who were granted state sponosrhip back in 2009 and we will get normal priority? Pls confirm me if you are sure, that we are now moved from new Cat 5 to new Cat 3. If so, this is SO BRILLIANT NEWS, isn't it??!! :rolleyes::wub:I was feeling so sick having the state sponsorship of SA and be in the lowest priority!

This is the quote from DIAC web site:

Applications from people who are applying under the RSMS are processed as priority group 1. Those applying under the ENS are processed as priority group 2.

Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on the state or territory's state migration plan receive the third highest level of priority processing..... As a transitional arrangement, applicants who were nominated by a state or territory government for an 'off-list' occupation prior to the implementation of state migration plans will also receive processing under priority group 3.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...ty_skilled.htm

Please let me know..

Thank you in advance

Nata :hug:

I think it means the same as when WA had the same arrangement with DIAc.

If when you applied your JOb was offlist and SS granted then DIAC will as per the email honor this.

Thanks for your reply!

I have applied to get SS on a general conditions of SA and my occupation was on their list. I have applied before the implementation of state migration plans in 2009.

However, now my occupation is included in Off list criteria, so doesn't DIAC says that As a transitional arrangement, applicants who were nominated by a state or territory government for an 'off-list' occupation prior to the implementation of state migration plans will also receive processing under priority group 3.

Thanks!

i think that doesnt mean anything to u. I emailed DIAC about it and they confirmed that im on cat 5 even if my occupation was an offlist and i was sponsored by the state. The email except can be found in the NEW CATEGORY 5's - WHERE ARE YOU NOW? ... Cant copy and paste it here since im using tiny mobile.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Guest jackd
i think that doesnt mean anything to u. I emailed DIAC about it and they confirmed that im on cat 5 even if my occupation was an offlist and i was sponsored by the state. The email except can be found in the NEW CATEGORY 5's - WHERE ARE YOU NOW? ... Cant copy and paste it here since im using tiny mobile.

Hope this helps

Thanks

HI, mlsdq

below is replay which you got from DIAC.

here DIAC used if & that doesn't mean you are cat-5. they have not confirmed here you are cat-5.

jackd.:arghh:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Systems records show that the State/Territory Nomination submitted in support of your application has been received and noted on your file.

Your application will be allocated to a case officer in accordance with the priority processing direction.

If your nominated occupation is not on the relevant state or territory's state migration plan or you are not sponsored by an employer, your visa application will not be finalised until those visa applications which meet these higher processing priorities are finalised.

For information on current allocation dates and processing times see <http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm>

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Guest jackd
thanks jackd. But there was a follow up reply after that re the offlist occupation. Ill post it later.. Maybe i posted the wrong letter...

Jackd, can you inquire diac about it? So we compare notes? Thanks

Hi, mlsdq

I made PLE to DIAC on friday will see replay with in 2 -3 days.

jackd:notworthy: